PDA

View Full Version : Some of the new iPad Apps definitely need to be tweaked

samcraig
Apr 5, 2010, 07:23 AM
Was on AP's app - which is great - but at times very unresponsive. And videos sometimes played - sometimes didn't.

I've noticed similar things with other News Apps.

Not complaining as I am sure these were rushed to market - but I'm hoping they update soon

gwynne
Apr 5, 2010, 07:27 AM
All of the media apps I've tried (including the ones you mention) seem to be very glitchy. Although it seems like ABC finally pushed an update to their player and I haven't been able to get it to crash yet.

danny_w
Apr 5, 2010, 08:39 AM
I have had the AP, NYT, and BBC apps all bump me back to the desktop at least once. Yes, I think they all need tweaking, or the OS does one.

Cander
Apr 5, 2010, 08:43 AM
I have had the Youtube app and the Netflix app totally hard freeze the entire device.

Mitchrapp
Apr 5, 2010, 08:49 AM
I have had the Youtube app and the Netflix app totally hard freeze the entire device.

Fortunately for me Netflix has worked flawlessly. ABC is working now too.

boldfire
Apr 5, 2010, 08:56 AM
It's worth remembering of course that these companies likely didn't have an actual device to test on when developing these apps and so probably missed quite a few bugs :)

TraceyS/FL
Apr 5, 2010, 09:02 AM
It's worth remembering of course that these companies likely didn't have an actual device to test on when developing these apps and so probably missed quite a few bugs :)

Actually, ABC should have had a chance to have one - they are owned by Disney and Steve is kinda a big stockholder ;)