PDA

View Full Version : Any reviews of how kids are enjoying the iPad? Good iPad kid apps yet?

nightfly13
Apr 5, 2010, 09:02 AM
One of the 'selling points' for my wife and even a justification for me in getting an iPad is that it's a great computer for our kids. They play the odd game on our iPhones, and we navigate while they watch and point and squeal with nickelodeon games on the MBP from time to time.

I think it has tremendous potential for educational touch games, have your kids started using it yet? I'm planning to get one in June/July (when I go back to America).

Incidentally my kids are 4, 3, and 1.

Roy Hobbs
Apr 5, 2010, 09:07 AM
One of the 'selling points' for my wife and even a justification for me in getting an iPad is that it's a great computer for our kids. They play the odd game on our iPhones, and we navigate while they watch and point and squeal with nickelodeon games on the MBP from time to time.

I think it has tremendous potential for educational touch games, have your kids started using it yet? I'm planning to get one in June/July (when I go back to America).

My daughter likes the SuperWhy and the Toy Story apps

TraceyS/FL
Apr 5, 2010, 09:10 AM
Ours belongs to the 14yo.

She has yet to let her sisters (10 & 5) have a chance to even HOLD IT! LOL!!

I have a variety of apps i want to try for them. One of the ones i really am anxious is a Time & Money workbook i found.

I have a lot that i want to do with it - right now it's just a matter of finding the time. My schedule is crazy, the kid doesn't want to share - and my 3G obviously isn't here!

I have some PDFs that i want to load today for the youngest to work on for handwriting on it (with the pogo stylus).

I actually see some huge areas for me that this will just rock in - i'll be going thru them on my BLOG more than likely. There is that time thing again....

TraceyS/FL
Apr 5, 2010, 09:10 AM
My daughter likes the SuperWhy and the Toy Story apps

Do you have the iPhone Super Why app too? it looked the same just supersized.... and cost more! LOL!!

Roy Hobbs
Apr 5, 2010, 09:22 AM
Do you have the iPhone Super Why app too? it looked the same just supersized.... and cost more! LOL!!

Never bought it for the iPhone but it does look the same. After seeing for horrid iPhone apps looks I won't be loading any of them on the iPad

TraceyS/FL
Apr 5, 2010, 09:30 AM
Never bought it for the iPhone but it does look the same. After seeing for horrid iPhone apps looks I won't be loading any of them on the iPad

We have some that look bad, and some that are decent enough to use. Totally hit and miss. Some of them i'm just not thinking there will be enough use to justify re-buying either.... not jumping in with 2 feet - spending wisely :D

(the kids have 2 Touches of their own they share - so it's not like i HAVE to have the stuff on the iPad either - i'll be looking at ones that will work better on the iPad over the Touch)

Zacherena
Dec 2, 2010, 11:50 PM

Do check out http://punflay.com for great educational iPhone/iPad apps for kids!