Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Hello when I click on recent items, and clear the menu it does. I have noticed sometimes the next day, or after a restart they are back. I know I'm not crazy, and I was wondering if anyone else has this issue or is there a fix?

Imac Abuser

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
So let me get this straight - you have a few items in the Recent Items folder, you clear it, then somehow the exact same items appears back in the menu without you having opened them again?

If this is the case, and it's not just that you re-opened the same applications (the clearing isn't permanent), then I haven't heard of that before. When you clear it, it should clear the com.apple.recentitems.plist file from your user Library...

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
imac abuser said:
Hello when I click on recent items, and clear the menu it does. I have noticed sometimes the next day, or after a restart they are back. I know I'm not crazy, and I was wondering if anyone else has this issue or is there a fix?

Imac Abuser
The easiest way I can think of is to delete the file "~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.recentitems.plist" (without the "quotes"). That file stores the list of recent items, and it seems that for you it isn't getting cleared properly. Either that, or the information is cached somewhere, and that cache isn't cleared when the list is.

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Hey guys, is what happens. I thought it was wierd as well. But thanks for the tips.

Imac Abuser

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.