Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Does anyone know if there's a decent program for the iPod/phone that shows signal strength for wifi? I'm trying to troubleshoot something and it would be handy if I could just walk around with my iPod and see what's going on (the little bar indicator at the top isn't accurate enough and just randomly jumps around).

I searched in iTunes and it's not showing anything, which makes me worry this is one of those areas Apple's randomly not allowing programs.

Cartoonkid

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2009
Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but eWiFi might fit that bill.

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Thanks for the suggestion-that sounds like it might be exactly what I need, but it was pulled from the store. Ah the joys of a closed platform :-/

Fedorov

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Couple of weeks ago Apple removed ALL WiFi tracking apps due to some illegal API calls they all use or something. So unless you previously bought one you can no longer use one.

Unless of course you are jailbroken and I know the author of Wyfy released his to the jailbreak community the moment Apple removed his app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.