Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac-key

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
Alabama
So back in September I started the process of downloading FCP Studio 2. Well I got tired of waiting so I just downloaded FCP, Compressor and the DVD program with the intention of coming back at another time to add Motion, Color and soundtrack. WELL yesterday I decided to finally download the last three. Seemed to work fine, BUT now my FCP doesn't work and neither does my compressor. In fact, my FC icon has a circle and line through it.

WHAT HAVE I DONE? AND WHAT CAN I DO TO GET MY FCP WORKING AGAIN?

When I downloaded motion, color and soundtrack - I only had those three selected, as I already had the others. I know the whole FCP studio suite is on my harddrive, but how do I re-engage FCP?

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
So back in September I started the process of downloading FCP Studio 2. ...
What do you mean? Were you downloading from a legitimate retailer or from a warez site? If it is the latter, then you cannot expect help with software piracy here. If it is the former, then you should contact the retailer's technical support people for help with your problem.

Mac-key

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
Alabama
What do you mean? Were you downloading from a legitimate retailer or from a warez site? If it is the latter, then you cannot expect help with software piracy here. If it is the former, then you should contact the retailer's technical support people for help with your problem.

the organization i work for bought FCP studio 2 with two licenses. So I downloaded it legally.

Mac-key

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
Alabama
the organization i work for bought FCP studio 2 with two licenses. So I downloaded it legally.

My apologies for using the wrong terminology. I used the disks given to me and put it on my computer. Any advice on what I should do short of unistalling everything and installing it back on

Mac-key

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
Alabama
OK so I unistalled FCP and I did not get the space back on my HD - WHY?

stands to reason if I unistalled a 50gb program that I'd get 50gb back on my HD right, but that is not the case. What's up with that?

and yes I've emptied the trash and secure emptied the trash - and no change.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Do your company enforce the two-user limit on the license? Would you be only the first or even the second person who tried to download the software? This might go a long way toward explaining your problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.