PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Clock/Alarm for the iPad that will...

moviecouple
Apr 6, 2010, 10:48 AM
Is there a Clock/Alarm app that is similar to the stock
iPhone one that will allow you to set an alarm time and then go out and allow you to be in another app?

At my lunch break, I want to set an alarm time and then read a book on my iPad.

Benjic
Apr 6, 2010, 11:30 AM
iPhone one that will allow you to set an alarm time and then go out and allow you to be in another app?

Just wear a watch, it's not a big deal.

Steve.

Sen't from my iPad.

moviecouple
Apr 6, 2010, 11:35 AM
That wasn't what I was asking, but thanks for that insight!

Night Spring
Apr 6, 2010, 12:09 PM
I'm also missing having a clock/alarm app on my iPad. On my iPod touch, I liked to use it to set timers to go get the laundry or tell me when the pasta is done. Also, the clock function where you could set several clocks to show different time zones was extremely useful. :(

BaronStein
Apr 6, 2010, 12:27 PM
For the alarm clock, calendar can be used. Apple might have wanted people to use their calendars more, that might be the reason for not having an alarm clock.

But for me, yeah, I'd prefer to see a clock application for setting up alarms or using the world-clock feature.

Bodhi395
Apr 6, 2010, 12:39 PM

As of now I'm pretty sure that is impossible, since it would require multitasking. On the iphone, the clock app is allowed to run in the background, and thus you can have an alarm on all the time. With other alarm apps, you have to have the app running for it to work, which makes it not very useful in my opinion.

I understand why apple got rid of the weather or stocks app, but have no idea why they got rid of the clock app, since using the background alarm from it was one of the most useful features of the iphone. I use my iphone as an alarm clock every morning.

Night Spring
Apr 6, 2010, 12:46 PM
For the alarm clock, calendar can be used. Apple might have wanted people to use their calendars more, that might be the reason for not having an alarm clock.

How would you set an alarm to go off 15 minutes from now using the calendar? :confused:

Alchematron
Apr 6, 2010, 12:47 PM
I want one too

I suppose I will depend on my iPhone until one pops up

MikeyTree
Apr 6, 2010, 01:08 PM
Wait until Thursday. ;)

(I put the Rumors back in MacRumors)

JReynolds
Apr 6, 2010, 01:13 PM

Steve.

Sen't from my iPad.

LMAO

But I want an alarm app for the bedside also...

kirchnrd
Apr 10, 2010, 10:54 PM
LMAO

But I want an alarm app for the bedside also...

Same here. Have the dock on my nightstand so I could use as an alarm, then check emails, etc when I wake up. Seems like it was so basic they forgot to include it?

JMB1911
Apr 10, 2010, 11:54 PM
I was just wondering about this tonight. It would be nice to have.

DotCom2
Apr 11, 2010, 11:48 AM
I miss the Clock App on my iPad sorely. :(

hedaprakash
May 2, 2010, 06:46 AM
Silly answer Benjic...because of blind apple fan like you who just dont believe in accepting simple bugs and provide positive right feedback, apple is still denying basic features which will not take any time to fix...because of you apple is continue to afford to be stubborn....

its not only clock running in background is missing....snooze feature for calender appointments....forward button doesn't work in videos....avrcp profile for bluetooth

believe me these are the easiest things to fix for apple but no they wont do it cause people like you will continue to praise products ignoring basic flaws...

I mean its fine if you are apple representative who posting here to cover such simple defects....

Hope will see you a change in your posting in future....(and yeah dont come back and say then why did u buy iphone/ipad, cause that has nothing to do with hiding defects and accepting flaws)

Steve.

Sen't from my iPad.

ParishYoung
May 2, 2010, 06:55 AM
It's an interesting move by Apple to not have included these "basic" features.

I can see great potential for some of them, Clock, Calendar, etc. Especially when then have included the digital photo-frame feature. Also it would have helped to compete against products like the Sony Dash, or O2 Jogger.

Then again on the flip side there has also been a lot of talk on forums and such (indirect feedback for Apple) that user's of the iPhone wanted to be able to remove the stock App's from their devices. Perhaps this is why Apple has not added them.

Maybe they will turn up as optional extra's in the App Store when 4.0 is released later this year, but of course by that time multitasking will be available so user's will be able to have their own clocks, calendars, to-do alerts, etc.

Overall, myself I think some of them should have been included., but I guess the feature's we get are based on how Mr Job's uses his - and I'm guessing he doesn't have his on his nightstand.

andiwm2003
May 2, 2010, 07:06 AM
Gee, he was sarcastic. He hinted to the short mails that steve jobs sent from his iPad in the past to answer costumer questions and it was quite funny. Steve jobs answer to requests about The MacBook pro was: "not to worry".

Your reply to benjic was totally unnecessary and rude.

Steve.

Sen't from my iPad.

Silly answer Benjic...because of blind apple fan like you who just dont believe in accepting simple bugs and provide positive right feedback, apple is still denying basic features which will not take any time to fix...because of you apple is continue to afford to be stubborn....

its not only clock running in background is missing....snooze feature for calender appointments....forward button doesn't work in videos....avrcp profile for bluetooth

believe me these are the easiest things to fix for apple but no they wont do it cause people like you will continue to praise products ignoring basic flaws...

I mean its fine if you are apple representative who posting here to cover such simple defects....

Hope will see you a change in your posting in future....(and yeah dont come back and say then why did u buy iphone/ipad, cause that has nothing to do with hiding defects and accepting flaws)

Mezzo43
May 2, 2010, 08:00 AM
There's an iPhone app called Alarm Clock that looks like a digital clock that has an alarm feature that you could still use on the iPad. I also like th original alarm from iPhone. I also miss the weather app from iPhone that is missing from the iPad although I downloaded several weather apps for the iPad.

MactheMacman
Jan 4, 2011, 11:36 PM
I have heard that there may soon be an alarm clock built in. Especially on the new iPad 2 Gen in Spring. After that you will probably be able to update and get the alarm.
P.s. If you have a jail broken iPad ( like myself ) you can get the alarm from cydia :apple:

Sugar-1
Apr 10, 2011, 06:00 PM
Guys try intelliga alarm clock...
Hope it helps :D

XXFirefighter
Apr 10, 2011, 06:33 PM

Steve.

Sen't from my iPad.

is there a iWatch ?

anjinha
Apr 10, 2011, 07:00 PM
Try this app: it's called Due (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id390017969?mt=8).

reputationZed
Apr 10, 2011, 07:12 PM
I use Best Timer

itunes.apple.com/us/app/best-timer/id415656570?mt=8

Tom G.
Apr 10, 2011, 07:55 PM
I also use "Due" its really great for setting an alarm for short time periods like 15 or 20 minutes.

haruhiko
Apr 10, 2011, 08:14 PM
As of now I'm pretty sure that is impossible, since it would require multitasking. On the iphone, the clock app is allowed to run in the background, and thus you can have an alarm on all the time. With other alarm apps, you have to have the app running for it to work, which makes it not very useful in my opinion.

I understand why apple got rid of the weather or stocks app, but have no idea why they got rid of the clock app, since using the background alarm from it was one of the most useful features of the iphone. I use my iphone as an alarm clock every morning.Alarm apps that support iOS 4 multitasking can play the alarm in the background, but you can't switch to silent mode otherwise the alarm will not sound.

TheWizard4
Apr 10, 2011, 08:22 PM
Try this:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/night-stand-for-ipad-free/id417423649?mt=8

or this one

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nightstand-central-for-ipad/id392480771?mt=8

Thomas P.
Oct 5, 2011, 02:27 AM
Hi there,

I ve seen an application with a person in his iphone, it was basically an alarm clock application but the thing that attracted me was that it had a weather report. And the alarm had an option to connect with the social media site too.
Now the issue is that I dont remember its name! If anyone can help me with that, and anyone have seen any such application kindly let me know the name of it, i ve been searching for it since last month.

Thanks

LostLogik
Oct 5, 2011, 05:11 AM
Hi there,

I ve seen an application with a person in his iphone, it was basically an alarm clock application but the thing that attracted me was that it had a weather report. And the alarm had an option to connect with the social media site too.
Now the issue is that I dont remember its name! If anyone can help me with that, and anyone have seen any such application kindly let me know the name of it, i ve been searching for it since last month.

Thanks

Are you thinking of Night Stand for iPad Social Reader, Weather and Alarm Clock? (by Alarm Clock Company)

luisperezphd
Dec 15, 2011, 09:12 AM
It's not a replace for all the features in the standard clock but it's a start, it's free and requires no download so it's at least worth trying: http://ipadstopwatch.com