PDA

View Full Version : changing ipods

kindofblue
Sep 16, 2004, 09:50 AM
i have an ipod mini and it got damaged. So we sent it back for repairs and they sent us a brand new one. Now I can't update the songs into my new ipod, because i can't get my computer to accept my new iPod. How can i get the computer to recognize the new ipod without losing my songs? :confused: :confused: Thank you allllll

EGT
Nov 3, 2004, 02:09 PM
Make sure you have the latest iPod Software installed and have Itunes up to date. (4.7)

When you connect the iPod with Itunes a window should come up saying new iPod recognised or something, and you give it a name. You also select if you want to automatically arrange songs or do it manually.
After this your music library is transferred to the iPod (if you selected automatic sync)

Have a quick search through these forums and also try the iPodlounge forums (http://www.ipodlounge.com/forums/) before doing anything.

I wouldn't want you to loose your whole library because of me :(

hob
Nov 7, 2004, 05:54 AM
You wouldn't lose all your songs when changing to a new iPod - just the other way round, if you were changing computers. And there are ways around that anyway...!

Hob