Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yuvalbra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
I work with Mac 10.5.8 with Xcode 3.1.4 that ope the iphone simulator 3.1
After two weeks of continuous work and suddenly I Can't see the iphone simulator, the top menu of the iPhone simulator is presented, but do not see the iPhone(simulator) itself.
I tried to reinstall - did not help

Please please help me.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Were you using an external/second screen that is now not connected? Perhaps the window is appearing off-screen. Try deleting the file ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iphonesimulator.plist (whilst the simulator is not running).

yuvalbra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
Were you using an external/second screen that is now not connected? Perhaps the window is appearing off-screen. Try deleting the file ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iphonesimulator.plist (whilst the simulator is not running).

mybe this is the problem ,the file com.apple.iphonesimulator.plist not exist at this directory and other directories
what to do?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Are you sure? It pretty much should if you've run the simulator and moved the window at all. If you open Terminal.app and copy/past

Code:
ls -l ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iphonesimulator.plist

what do you get?

yuvalbra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
Are you sure? It pretty much should if you've run the simulator and moved the window at all. If you open Terminal.app and copy/past

Code:
ls -l ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iphonesimulator.plist

what do you get?

You were right, the file is really there and deleting the simulator file cause back to work made
Any Forum that i publish this problem did not know any answer to my problem
Thanks again for the wonderful solution

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.