PDA

View Full Version : iPad Tabbed Browser Apps-Anyone try one??

ClaireL
Apr 7, 2010, 06:52 PM
I looked at http://www.appshopper.com and put iPad browser under search and several iPad only browser apps came up. Has anyone tried any of these and the big question is, do the tabs actually work?

I sure wish we could have Firefox on our iPad's!

Can anyone download the Free Atomic web browser Lite?? It says unable to purchase even though I got iTunes credit.

spectre51
May 11, 2010, 02:34 AM
Get atomic browser. Great app. Tabs work great without the annoying refresh issue of safari and has lots more features. Well worth the purchase.

gwynne
May 11, 2010, 06:33 AM
Atomic Browser. A bargain at 99c. Tabs, built in ad-block, and if you go into settings and change the color scheme to safari, you'll forget you ever used anything else in about 24 hours.

MacRumorUser
May 11, 2010, 06:35 AM
Am I the only on who despite thinking atomic browser is a good app, hates the app icon they use.

Is there anyway of using custom icons so I can get it to match safari?

LSUtigers03
May 11, 2010, 08:33 AM
Am I the only on who despite thinking atomic browser is a good app, hates the app icon they use.

The new icon is an improvement but yeah you can change the icon. A lot of Winterboard themes have some nice looking safari or firefox icons. Find one you like then move it to the atomic browser folder and rename it to icon.png.

-Ryan-
May 11, 2010, 10:18 AM

I just think the whole App looks cheap and tacky, but the functionality is great. They need to employ a designer to actually make the whole thing look decent.

gwynne
May 11, 2010, 10:40 AM
I just think the whole App looks cheap and tacky, but the functionality is great. They need to employ a designer to actually make the whole thing look decent.

Try changing the color scheme to Safari, especially if you've been using one of the garish ones.

-Ryan-
May 11, 2010, 12:58 PM
Try changing the color scheme to Safari, especially if you've been using one of the garish ones.

Mine is on Safari, but it's still terribly ugly. All the icons look like they're out of a sweet shop, and not the good kind. :eek:

doug in albq
May 11, 2010, 01:03 PM
Wait for the next update (2.9) that is in line for Apple to approve—some icon help is on the way.

Also, with version 3 of Atomic Web for the iPad coming when Apple releases iPhone OS 4, expect even more GUI upgrades.

Chrysaor
May 11, 2010, 01:48 PM
Mine is on Safari, but it's still terribly ugly. All the icons look like they're out of a sweet shop, and not the good kind. :eek:

Try iCab, its better than Atomic.

1appleAday
May 12, 2010, 06:11 PM
Try iCab, its better than Atomic.

Thanks for mentioning it. I have Atomic but this looks a lot prettier. Will give it a try.

DaBrain
May 12, 2010, 06:55 PM
I'll take functionality over looks--))) I would highly recommend the Atomic Browser. Just a customer that is really satisfied with all the features it has.

Plus IMHO it looks just fine. I vote for Functionality not Eye Candy;)

JodyK
May 12, 2010, 07:06 PM
Thanks for starting this thread. The refresh is annoying!