Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apple4life

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Hello everyone, I'm new here but have been lurking for awhile. I started with my mom's apple in '77 or '78 with a 2e... I think that's what it was. Now I'm back on the apple train and loving it... Anyhow, anyone try the ultimate in thin and lightweight iPod protection.... at least from the onslaught of minor scratches....... It's........ saran wrap!!! Give it a try. It's working great on my new 20gig 4g. I even use two layers!!! lol. Anyway, thought some of you might get a kick out of my new iPod case...while some of you might cringe. But it's working so far. Bye Bye.

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
you spammers are getting creative by not posting a company name or url, but of course you put a company "phrase" because you wouldn't want us to buy an iskin, now would you?

microrario

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2003
jimsowden said:
you spammers are getting creative by not posting a company name or url, but of course you put a company "phrase" because you wouldn't want us to buy an iskin, now would you?

Hahaha... He's talking about Saran Wrap (A clear, cellophane, food wrapper) not an iPod case brand. Please calm down, no reason to get sand in your vagina.

Kingsnapped

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Actually, I used a lot of saran wrap when I was working line at a restraunt. I didn't want crap to get on the pod, but I needed to be able to manipulate it at will. It worked very well, but sometimes the screen got a little dark from all the heat. Good hint, noob.

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
Kingsnapped said:
Actually, I used a lot of saran wrap when I was working line at a restraunt. I didn't want crap to get on the pod, but I needed to be able to manipulate it at will. It worked very well, but sometimes the screen got a little dark from all the heat. Good hint, noob.
Maybe the wrap will help keep your iPod fresh while your not gnawing on it.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
jimsowden said:
Maybe the wrap will help keep your iPod fresh while your not gnawing on it.

A vagina can gnaw, too!! :eek:

I really don't see the problem with this recommendation, but hey, that's just me......and most other people. Sounds like a good tip. I was going to try it when I first got my iPod. The secret would be to blowdry the iPod after placing the saran wrap over the iPod. It'll make the wrap fit the iPod tightly and perfectly. :)

FuzzyBallz

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2003
Home of Al-Qaida
Bastard, stop stealing my ideas. I've been saying saran wrap since the beginning when all these fools dish out $30 for some rubber that don't even protect the buttons and wheel.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
My 1G iPod is built like a tank. No wrappings needed here!
Although that is a very neat idea and I will need to keep that in mind if I ever decide to take up a 5G iPod...

web_god61

macrumors regular
May 14, 2004
I usaully use saran wrap.................and I'm not talking about wraping it around my ipod. ;)

FuzzyBallz

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2003
Home of Al-Qaida
Use your imagination. He probably can't afford these, used.

Attachments

• rubber.JPG
    rubber.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 112

web_god61

macrumors regular
May 14, 2004
Kingsnapped said:
What do you mean?

Yea i was refering to condom, my teacher told us stories of ppl who did't have any so they tryied saran wrap and when i read this thread it made me think of that.

FuzzyBallz and iMeowbot those r great but FuzzyBallz how long you been waiting to put that up..lol

PS: NO, saran wrap doesn't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.