Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcadam

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
københavn
...oh bugger - my brand new and otherwise wonderful external lacie harddisk is suddenly giving me trouble! :(

I was copying a folder from my PB to the lacie when it froze - little spinning rainbowwheel going on and on...

So I decided to restart... which perhaps was not a smart move, because now the lacie doesn't show up on the desktop or anywhere alse on my pb!?!?

I've tried to deconnect, restart again, then plug it back in. And so on. But nothing. Have no idea what else to do :confused:

so I turn to you guys as usual...I know you won't let me down...

A

mcadam

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
københavn
well, just to reassure all the worried people (4) who have looked by this thread...

I plugged it in again if disk utilities could see it - advice found after searching around macrumors for an hour or so... and, tadaaa, it magically showed up on the desktop all by itself as soon as i plugged it in!! :D :confused:

The morale is: just sit down on your flat behind and everything will come to you all by itself :D

A

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.