Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roletti2007

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
maybe someone knows this, i'm looking into developing a app, but i don't know a thing about it, so my question is this, what if lets say i want to make a game, maybe a game along the lines of nova, does the developer kit give the means to make graphics like this? do i need to upload art work of any kind? will i need other programs? i looked over the apple Q&A but nothing that answers the questions also before anyone on here points out the obvious, i don't know i thing about this, so please no smart ass replies or from anyone looking to make a fool of someone else because they have a pathetic real life and need to make up for it in the cyber world. thanks

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
There is a lot of programming and even more artwork creation that goes into a 3d game like NOVA. The SDK provides only the most basic functions to make this possible.

roletti2007

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
There is a lot of programming and even more artwork creation that goes into a 3d game like NOVA. The SDK provides only the most basic functions to make this possible.

ok gotcha, so if i were to do this i'd need some extra heavy duty software, and alot of art work?

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
You only need the SDK and your images. Everything else is done in your code.

If he wants to make a 3d game, he is going to need a modeler and animation package, and probably Photoshop or something similar for texture creation.

roletti2007

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
If he wants to make a 3d game, he is going to need a modeler and animation package, and probably Photoshop or something similar for texture creation.

hey, a modeler? is that used to create the graphics? thanks to both of you for taking the time out to explain this to me, i'm totally new to this sort of thing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.