PDA

View Full Version : App store on iPad needs the wishlist!

aerospace
Apr 8, 2010, 09:49 PM
That way I can narrow down what I want, come back to those I'm not sure of, etc. Seems like it would make it more likely to buy an app and make apple some more money.

Am I the only one missing this option?

kirchnrd
Apr 8, 2010, 11:30 PM
It would be great in the app store. For now you can use appshopper.com. It is a really cool site that lets you make wish lists, get notified of new apps, or reduced prices. It is pretty slick, but wish I could do all of that from the app store.

master-ceo
Apr 8, 2010, 11:39 PM
I swear I was thinking the same thing today. It needs a favorite button. Good way to save money. lol. I got items in my amazon cart from 5 years ago.

ssdeg7
Sep 19, 2010, 03:35 PM
I hope they add this feature on 4.2... I really need a wish list on my iPad

tekchic
Sep 19, 2010, 03:42 PM
For wishlist / tracking, I use AppShopper.com (they also have an app). Lets me track when something goes on sale - I get an email so I know to wait to buy it, etc.

Would be nice to be built into the App Store, but AppShopper seems to work pretty well.

ssdeg7
Sep 19, 2010, 05:00 PM
For wishlist / tracking, I use AppShopper.com (they also have an app). Lets me track when something goes on sale - I get an email so I know to wait to buy it, etc.

Would be nice to be built into the App Store, but AppShopper seems to work pretty well.

That's a nice idea, but I like visiting the App Store and adding stuff to the wish list without having to exit the App. Also, when tou have your Apps in a wishkist you can download them directly from there.

I would also like the 'Purchased' section that iBooks has, which would display all the Apps you have previously downloaded, It would be nice because sime times I forget about apps I had downloaded long ago and would like to remember if I had downloaded it or not.

Mike in Mass
Sep 20, 2010, 09:26 AM
I use a roundabout method for a wish list. When I find an app I'm interested in I click on the developer's web site and then bookmark it in Safari.

AM94
Sep 20, 2010, 09:30 AM
That way I can narrow down what I want, come back to those I'm not sure of, etc. Seems like it would make it more likely to buy an app and make apple some more money.

Am I the only one missing this option?

Makes sense and I to have wished I could bookmark apps to come back and look at later.

I'll check out AppShopper as it seems like that may be the answer until Apply update the software.

MadeTheSwitch
Sep 20, 2010, 10:35 PM
Appshopper is a great little app and website. I use it all the time. Still, it would be nice if the features found in the desktop iTunes were matched with a counterpart on the mobile side. But the thing that bothers me even more then no wishlist ability, is the way you can't just swipe between pages of apps on the app store. Instead you have to click on a little arrow at the bottom when it would make so much more sense to swipe here. Inevitably I try to swipe at least once while in the store and it's frustrating! The same issue also applies to the calendar app as well. Both are driving my fingers a little batty trying to (logically) swipe in places it does not let me!

MacBH928
Nov 28, 2010, 09:33 PM
is there no wish list in the itunes app store for the iPad?
this is something so simple i cant believe they still didnt do it
there are a lot of apps i would like to buy in a future date i just cant remember them all

rhett7660
Nov 28, 2010, 10:07 PM
I agree. Have been waiting for this for awhile also. Until then appshopper is the way to go.

Shoechick
Dec 16, 2010, 08:46 AM
Itunes has a wishlist already. When you're looking at an app, there's a little black arrow next to the price, click on that...add to wishlist is one of the option. Your wishlist can then be found in the top right of the Itunes screens. Works with both apps and music just fine.

madigasekera
Apr 20, 2012, 04:21 AM
Does not appear on the iPad still 2 years later

Avenge
Jun 14, 2012, 09:32 AM
It's absolutely absurd that Apple hasn't thought to add something so basic and simple to the app store! Appshopper is nice but I wish they added a feature that would give you your own appshopper email address that while browsing in the app store I could simply click the "share with friend" button but instead of sending to a friend I could send it to my personal appshopper address which would automatically add it to my wish list! Does anyone know of anything out there that do this already? It would make my appshopper account even more useful!

Semper Fi,
Nate Miller (Sgt, USMC Retired)

brudog68
Jun 14, 2012, 10:12 PM
Can't seem to find it right now, but thinking I read where a similar feature will be included in ios6 update. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Appshopper is a great alternative, but the lack of a wish list in the app store has been a long frustration for me too. Makes no sense.

fhall1
Jun 15, 2012, 05:52 AM
I just wish it had a search box on any tab (including updates)...seems like it should be simple to add