Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KettyKrueger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
UK
I've just bought the Family Pack (for £35, bargain) and was wondering if it can be set-up in the following way.

My wife and I both use my MBP, we use the same user account, share iCal, have separate e-mail accounts through Mail and use the Address Book but we each have groups for our own contacts. We both have iPhones too.

1 - Can MM be set-up so iCal it synced to both our iPhones? If my wife adds a date to iCal on her iPhone, will it be pushed to iCal on my MBP and also my iPhone?
2 - Can MM be used to sync only certain groups of the Address Book? I have a feeling this is not possible.
3 - Can MM be used to automatically back up certain files and folders (such as my iPhoto library and my home movie files)?

Thanks in advance.

prss14

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2009
Kentucky
You should be able to use many of the same things, but ultimately MobileMe is really set up for 1 MM account per User account. When I upgraded my MM to the family for my wife we ended up creating an account on the computer for her. If you only use one User account only 1 of you can use iDisk in the finder. She could through Safari, but not finder. I was really disappointed at having to create an extra account. All of our music, photos, documents, everything are on the one account. So, I went into the account settings and made the documents folders a shared folder. Fast user switching isn't too bad, but I still think it is ridiculous and told the Apple representative just that. For you to get the most out of your MM accounts you really need to create another computer user account. Hope that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.