Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wiretapMD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
Just wanted to share some pictures of the Screenguardz Anti-glare screen protector I recently got for our iPads. Leftmost iPad has the protector installed. I was able to install it perfectly without any bubbles. My only complaint is that the peripheral edges (about 2mm) still haven't clung fully to the screen. The protector clings by static with no adhesives involves. Im optimistic that the edges would close out probably in a day or two.

p1020912.jpg

p1020913q.jpg

p1020915a.jpg

p1020916w.jpg

I'm a fan of matte screens and my iPhone 3Gs has the matte protector as well. It has definitely reduced much of the glare and reflections on the screen. Fingerprints are less obvious and could be easily removed with a few wiping strokes. Overall, I'm satisfied.

Kalison

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2008
Just wanted to share some pictures of the Screenguardz Anti-glare screen protector I recently got for our iPads. Leftmost iPad has the protector installed. I was able to install it perfectly without any bubbles. My only complaint is that the peripheral edges (about 2mm) still haven't clung fully to the screen. The protector clings by static with no adhesives involves. Im optimistic that the edges would close out probably in a day or two.

I'm a fan of matte screens and my iPhone 3Gs has the matte protector as well. It has definitely reduced much of the glare and reflections on the screen. Fingerprints are less obvious and could be easily removed with a few wiping strokes. Overall, I'm satisfied.

That looks pretty good! I do also enjoy matte screens. Not only for the anti glare aspect but the overall feel when I am using them. It just feels more like a track pad to me... and does make oils to appear much less than normal.

I was wondering if you could show a closer picture with a photo on it. My main concern is the grainy look that most of these matte screens induce.

If its not too bad I know I am going to get one!

wiretapMD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
Here you go. I loaded up Popular Photography's website using Safari, then went to their gallery pages. I took several photos of a picture loaded up on the screen using my Lumix LX3 in macro mode. Took it at several angles. You be the judge.

Kalison

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2008
Hey thanks!

It looks pretty damn nice! You liking it pretty well then?

How much did you pay? Do you get a set of three?

wiretapMD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
Hey thanks!

It looks pretty damn nice! You liking it pretty well then?

How much did you pay? Do you get a set of three?

I'm liking it so far. If the edges do settle in and adhere, then i'd be very happy. Its not much of a concern for me because it is concealed by the edges of the apple case anyway. Well, except for the protector surrounding the home button where it is obvious.

The protector costs $19.95 each. I got 2 pieces and paid extra for 3 day delivery for it to reach me today since my flight leaves early Monday morning.

Kalison

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2008
Great! Thanks again!

Yeah many of the iphone versions of these do the same thing around the home button. Mine did that too for a couple days, then settled down.

unagimiyagi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
Does the screenguardz reduce glare but leave a milky coating to the ipad screen? Or is it crystal clear? Best skins ever I'd still classify as crystal clear after it dries after a few days. Is screenguardz that clear?

wiretapMD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
Does the screenguardz reduce glare but leave a milky coating to the ipad screen? Or is it crystal clear? Best skins ever I'd still classify as crystal clear after it dries after a few days. Is screenguardz that clear?

It is clear. It does not leave any residue adhesive if you remove it.

rkdiddy

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2008
OC Baby!
While not antiglare I installed a bodyguardz skin and ended up removing it after a days. I couldn't stand the feeling of the skin vs the glass.

unagimiyagi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
Would it be accurate to say that the screenguardz is made of the same material as the invisible shield/bse stuff, only with a different antiglare finish? That stuff is very tough and kind of self-healing. When I saw that the screenguardz sticks by static electricity, I remember I bought a 12 pack of screen protectors before that were like super thin vinyl and I was not impressed. But that was 5 years ago.

wiretapMD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
Would it be accurate to say that the screenguardz is made of the same material as the invisible shield/bse stuff, only with a different antiglare finish? That stuff is very tough and kind of self-healing. When I saw that the screenguardz sticks by static electricity, I remember I bought a 12 pack of screen protectors before that were like super thin vinyl and I was not impressed. But that was 5 years ago.

No it is not the same as the invisible shield. The screenguardz is more rigid and stiffer. It is similar to the consistency of acetate paper, the kind being used in overhead projectors, albeit a little thinner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.