Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FWW

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2010
Anchorage, AK
So I downloaded foreflight earlier today and installed a lot of the available downloads for it, in hopes of selling my pilot friend on the iPad. After installing a number of the available downloads, the iPad locked up while using the app. I attempted to remove the app, which seemed to work, but iTunes still showed it installed (including the large amount of associated data) I tried removing the app from iTunes and re synching and this just caused iTunes to crash and I get an error saying it couldn't be removed, even though it is no longer listed in iTunes or on my iPad. I power cycled the iPad, restarted iTunes, rebooted the iPad and am now forced to restore the iPad to clear the data off :(

paj

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2003
USA
I've been using it pretty heavily in the past week and no problems so far. I have 3 states worth of sectionals and AFDs downloaded, but no IFR charts. Maybe it's related to the amount of downloaded stuff.

dogcowdaddy

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2007
I have used Foreflight on my iPhone since it came out and have found it to be an outstanding resource which is undergoing continual improvement. I look forward to using it on my iPad. I have found that their customer support is outstanding. I was having problems with upgrading my subscription on a Sunday afternoon and emailed them about it. I received a near immediate reply and we sorted out my problem over the course of a few emails. If you have problems with the program I would recommend contacting them.

FWIW

Jim

FWW

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2010
Anchorage, AK
I've been using it pretty heavily in the past week and no problems so far. I have 3 states worth of sectionals and AFDs downloaded, but no IFR charts. Maybe it's related to the amount of downloaded stuff.

I had international, Alaska, Ohio, Kentucky, Oregon, Washington and California downloaded. It could have just been the iPad choking on all that data, not sure. I would definitely be sure to backup before downloading more than a few locations in this app.

For what it's worth, I have heard good things from others about this app.

Airmark1

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have every single item on my 16GB 3G. So far no issues. It's a fat amount of space though, but that's fine by me.

Airmark1

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have every single item on my 16GB 3G. So far no issues. It's a fat amount of space though, but that's fine by me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.