PDA

View Full Version : ipod touch 3rd gen. duplicate albums in songs? help please

coisty09
Apr 10, 2010, 06:39 AM
I have just bought my ipod. Put all my albums on fine or so I thought. My problems is this
* album is showing as normal with the songs BUT when I select song to play it then has another album in that song?(it is all the same songs from the album)
*This is the same for a=every song in the album

I am really losing patience as I have checked tags etc, and deleted duplicates, but nothing is altering the fact each song has the album in it.

Can someone who is experienced give me some help. Apologise for being thick but this is my 1st ipod

Many thanks

ballyloud
May 26, 2010, 03:46 PM
I hope it's not too late when i reply this, if you already fixed the problem, that's fine =] I hope this will help other people because i encountered the same problem.

First thing to do, you have to check if you have duplicate songs in your itunes library.
If you have, just use the function 'show duplicate' and then delete the duplicated songs. If you have a large number of duplicated songs, i heard there are some other softwares that can do it for you. And I saw something on other forum saying it's not possible to use this function on manually managed ipod, but mine is and it works, so....
The above solution should fix the problem, but if you don't have any duplicated songs in your library and your songs are duplicated when syncing to the ipod. Then it's much more complicated.

This happens when the songs' artist name/album name/song name are not coincide with what you have corrected in the library.

Steps: (My OS is Vista)
a) Delete the duplicated songs from your library (including the file in itunes media folder, it will ask you when you delete the songs)
** it will be better if you sync your ipod after this step, it will erase the duplicated songs.
b) open the folder that contains your duplicated songs
c) select one song first, right click and check the details of it. (The bottom button of the right click menu)
d) You can see the detail of that songs, click the third tab, manually correct the labels of the songs
e) do it to all your duplicated songs, make sure the album names are the same.
f) drag your songs to your library
g) sync it again. It should fix it.

Why this error happens ? My guess is that when I change the name/artist/album name in the iTunes library, (possibly with the 'manually manage' option, the itunes detect the difference and thought they are different songs, so it sync them for you.

Hope it helps =]