Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dorqiekat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
Is there anything that would get rid of the scratches on the ipod? I doubt it, but it's worth asking.

Kat

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
I have a 3rd gen iPod that had a large scratch on the display. I used Brasso (Metal polish), following advice on another website, and it worked a treat. The screen looks brand new.

dorqiekat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
thanks everyone! I'll be getting icleaner as soon as I can. Very excited to get rid of the blemishes. :D

FuzzyBallz

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2003
Home of Al-Qaida
You can do the following -

1) Get a effing sleeve/case and put it on your new pod right out of the box if you don't wanna scratch it up.

2) If you don't wanna look like a geek w/ a rubber around your pod, buy it from BB w/ the warranty, so when you scratch it up, you can return it for a new one. Rinse and repeat until they drop you or warranty ends.

raynegus

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2003
Steven1621 said:
BEST and CHEAPEST way

Rub your ipod on you forehead. the natural oils will make it look as good as new. trust me on this one.

Oh man, just don't sell it to me on ebay.

Inkmonkey

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2003
Calgary
Steven1621 said:
BEST and CHEAPEST way

Rub your ipod on you forehead. the natural oils will make it look as good as new. trust me on this one.

I wonder how many people you've made try this now. I also wonder how many people will admit that they've tried it.

Steven1621

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2003
Connecticut
yg17 said:
i tried it and it didnt work

dude i'm telling you. it works well. i have keep my ipod looking new from it. obviously it won't work for deep marks, but for the typical surface marks it is great.

AliensAreFuzzy

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2004
Madison, WI
FuzzyBallz said:
2) If you don't wanna look like a geek w/ a rubber around your pod, buy it from BB w/ the warranty, so when you scratch it up, you can return it for a new one. Rinse and repeat until they drop you or warranty ends.

Does it actually cover that?!?!

paxtonandrew

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2004
I Come From A Land Down Under
Will any of the products also not remove the writing on the back of the iPod? I like the writing on my iPod, and would not feel right buying a product that removes the writing almost killing the resale value of the iPod in one fell swoop. Anywho, i was thinking of using an automotive polish, like the one i use on my car for the metal, and just Brasso or something like that for the plastic.

zv470

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2004
Japan
I wouldn't use toothpaste... its much to strong an abrasive. I used it years ago to get some tarnish off some cheap silver looking cups... made them nice n shiny... but after a few shines it wore right through . :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.