PDA

View Full Version : Post pics of your pet!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

stevedude
Sep 17, 2004, 11:21 PM
i have 3 wonderful kitties, whom i love to death.

howard
Sep 17, 2004, 11:32 PM
the gold one is cute, i used to have a cat like that... got old and ran away :(

AoWolf
Sep 17, 2004, 11:42 PM
I have a Samoyed. Kind of like a white husky I will take a pict in the morning.

belair
Sep 18, 2004, 03:13 AM
This is my dog phil at the races.
He looks pretty pleased with himself.
Why shouldn't he?

yellow
Sep 18, 2004, 03:27 AM
Left to Right, Top to Bottom:

Lola (& Wife), Logan, Slate, and dear, departed, Sophie.

ScotRobson
Sep 18, 2004, 04:32 AM

munkle
Sep 18, 2004, 04:37 AM
We sure do have a lot of cat lovers around here! I'm just waiting for somebody to post a picture of their pet snake/crocodile or something equally freaky! :p

trebblekicked
Sep 18, 2004, 04:52 AM
no pets in my building :(

but i'm the proud uncle of a beautiful little lhasa-poo named lodi:

alywa
Sep 18, 2004, 05:56 AM
He's a toy fox terrier, 7 lbs, around 1 year old in this photo.

nef919
Sep 18, 2004, 08:31 AM
No pets myself, but here is my brothers dog Yeah-yo.

rickvanr
Sep 18, 2004, 09:19 AM
this is my 10 year old puppy, Jess. She rocks, and I miss her when I'm away at school, I'm home for the weekend, and on my Mom's computer, and this is the best picture I could find.

howard
Sep 18, 2004, 09:23 AM
Left to Right, Top to Bottom:

Lola (& Wife), Logan, Slate, and dear, departed, Sophie.

one kind is that grey one, bottom left.

edesignuk
Sep 18, 2004, 09:41 AM
http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/images/thumb_annie.jpg (http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/images/annie.jpg) http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/images/thumb_max.jpg (http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/images/max.jpg)
http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/images/thumb_poppy.jpg (http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/images/poppy.jpg) http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/images/thumb_rosie.jpg (http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/images/rosie.jpg)

MacNeXT
Sep 18, 2004, 10:58 AM
This is Olaf.

manosira
Sep 18, 2004, 11:09 AM
Check out my Meezer pics here:

KARMA PICS (http://homepage.mac.com/manosira/karma/PhotoAlbum23.html)

He's the cutest most furocious cat on here. :p

robotrenegade
Sep 18, 2004, 11:31 AM
Leela is the white and black one. Fry is the other kitty.

iJon
Sep 18, 2004, 11:47 AM
I'll post some when I get back in town. It will be a lot of pictures though. Two shelties, three ferrets and one cat.

iJon

yellow
Sep 18, 2004, 01:41 PM
one kind is that grey one, bottom left.

I think you're asking what kind he is? Slate is a handsome grey tabby, with a serious attitude, and he weighs 20lbs!

Here's Slate training for his favorite sport, Luge!

Seriously, he loves to lie like that. Or sit like a Buddha. It's amusing.

edesignuk
Sep 18, 2004, 01:51 PM
This is Olaf.Why is your dog purple? :confused: :D

takao
Sep 18, 2004, 02:49 PM
our two cats:
on the left: "Susi", born 1989-90 don't remember i was only 6-7 at that time, we got her together with her big black lion like brother(who sadly disapeared)...my mother couldn't resist to take her .. she was a very small kitten and very 'people friendly'... even today she as a very small cat and loves to jump on the laps of strangers who visit our house for the first time...and she brought back lots of mice and even rats who where nearly half her size...

on the right: "Maxi",born 1992 he is actually Susi's 'grandson'..his black mother (the one kitten we kept from Susi kids) disapeard as well after he was born ...
he is more 'grumpy' but still likes to play from time to time ... he eats a lot and is whining a lot if he is hungry... last year he nearly lost his left eye completly to a tumor ..he got better and kept the eye but he doesn't see much with it ...(he is able to catch mice,so it seems to work)
http://members.aon.at/takao/katzen.jpg

2A Batterie
Sep 18, 2004, 03:56 PM
This my my pal Foots, defending my driveway from intruders, and resting for his next battle.

hobbes3113
Sep 18, 2004, 06:24 PM
Great idea for a thread...

Here is Ellie.

Macmaniac
Sep 18, 2004, 07:09 PM
My cat Disco:)

Rower_CPU
Sep 18, 2004, 07:36 PM
I've got some pictures of our cat, Naluaka (http://www.organicallydigital.com/nalu.php), online...

Here's a more recent one of him enjoying a treat. :)

yellow
Sep 18, 2004, 08:22 PM
I've got some pictures of our cat, Naluaka (http://www.organicallydigital.com/nalu.php), online...

What a beautiful cat! Great pictures!
Especially where he's on his hind legs!

SilentPanda
Sep 18, 2004, 09:20 PM
Here's 3 pics of my cat. One is of the cat, the other is her normal state (asleep), and the third is when she hid under a blanket... :D

And yes she has weird eyes. I think they eat your brain.

munkle
Sep 19, 2004, 02:57 PM
Here's 3 pics of my cat. One is of the cat, the other is her normal state (asleep), and the third is when she hid under a blanket... :D

Love that photo of her under the blanket, very cute...but she's plotting something I tell you, just look at her eyes! :D

yellow
Sep 19, 2004, 03:04 PM
she's plotting something I tell you, just look at her eyes! :D

World Domination, one human pet at a time.

evil_santa
Sep 19, 2004, 03:15 PM
This is 3 of my 5 cats causing trouble!
http://homepage.mac.com/editbox/images/escapeclub.jpg

matt459
Sep 19, 2004, 03:52 PM
Heres a picture of my "cocoa the beautiful". Our daily routine goes like this : I wake up to her waiting at the bottom of the steps. We walk down another flight of stairs together for her feeding time. After I let her eat for one minute, I walk up the steps for a shower and she follows.

hitchhiker
Sep 19, 2004, 04:08 PM
I have no pets. They all died! :)

cslewis
Sep 19, 2004, 04:40 PM
I have no pets. They all died! :)

That's kind of morbid. Why are you so happy?

JDar
Sep 19, 2004, 11:45 PM

iSaint
Sep 20, 2004, 01:15 AM

Here's a more recent one of him enjoying a treat. :)

I can honestly say I have never seen a cat eating strawberries. Although I did rescue a kitten that I gave to some friends, and he ate pickles!!!

Lots of cat lovers are Apple lovers...must be that higher intelligence thing.

AmigoMac
Sep 20, 2004, 03:10 AM
No pets... since 5 years! last one is still alive but it's from my parents now... a very angry and wild french poodle ... we used to have it with its mom and bro (10 years ago)... now that one is still around and runs as afast as always, the lst time I saw it 8 months ago... I like it but living without it has not been difficult... Pets are not included into my home plans...

JDar
Sep 20, 2004, 09:35 AM
Rio (yellow) and Zaichek (gray)

JDar
Sep 20, 2004, 09:36 AM
This is Scruffy. I think he was molting when he visited this time:

ExoticFish
Sep 20, 2004, 01:52 PM
This my cat Sheila. she is the softest kitty in the world. don't believe me? i can arrange a demo. :) it is kind of annoying (but OH so cute) when she falls asleep like that though.

ExoticFish
Sep 20, 2004, 01:54 PM
and for some reason she has to be inside the fridge everytime i open it. :confused:

makisushi
Sep 20, 2004, 01:56 PM
This is Olaf.

Hey, you have purple dog!!!!

matt459
Sep 20, 2004, 02:04 PM
I can honestly say I have never seen a cat eating strawberries...

Actually, my cocoa the beautiful loves strawberries, and pretty much any fruit with alot of juice in it. She also loves olives...and valerian, which i wont get into. How about anyone else, any foods that drive your pets crazy?

yellow
Sep 20, 2004, 02:09 PM
How about anyone else, any foods that drive your pets crazy?

Yes.. the kind that you eat. My cats routinely make sweeps through the kitchen inspecting the floor for any dropped scraps.

Peyote
Sep 20, 2004, 02:28 PM
My basset hound has a serious addiction to cantaloupe rinds.

The only thing he refuses to eat is black olives. Go figure

Apple Hobo
Sep 20, 2004, 03:58 PM
The top four are my cats. From L to R: Misu, Littlebit, Scratchy, and Morris.

The cat and four kittens below are staying with us until they can find a home. :( My sister brought home a pregnant cat and she had the four kittens.

takao
Sep 20, 2004, 06:08 PM
Actually, my cocoa the beautiful loves strawberries, and pretty much any fruit with alot of juice in it. She also loves olives...and valerian, which i wont get into. How about anyone else, any foods that drive your pets crazy?

hmm 'maxi' (see my post before) likes olives as well...

'susi' absolutly is a chocolate loving cat ... last eastern she ate one ear of the small chocolat bunny on the living room table when nobody was looking

and both like any kind of salty/chrispy stuff...like chips,peanuts, cornflakes,little bread sticks etc.

but after all they are cats and any sort of fish will do the job ;)

Nermal
Sep 20, 2004, 06:23 PM

My cat likes Pringles. He can even open the can! :eek:

Edit: Humourous picture attached :)

iMeowbot
Sep 20, 2004, 07:49 PM
How about anyone else, any foods that drive your pets crazy?
The greyhound has this ... thing ... for cornbread, to the point where I need to keep the cooling rack on top of the refrigerator. Mind you, this dog is the pickiest eater I've ever seen. Before the cornbread discovery, she wouldn't touch plain kibble, and would only eat individually cooked meals, and turn up her nose at half of those. Now all it takes is to cook up a pan of the bread each week, and sprinkle a bit of that on the kibble, and she attacks it like it's some kind of potent doggy drug.

My hypothesis is that raw bunny must taste just like cornbread.

sockeatingdryer
Sep 20, 2004, 10:15 PM
My cat Sophie has this extreme thing for bread, tuna, and Pringles. I can't eat any of those without her looking up at me or swatting at my bum. Very odd. :)

homerjward
Sep 20, 2004, 10:39 PM
i have 2 dogs, abby and rebecca. no digital pics as of yet but lately abby has been like trying to kill rebecca. theyll be out in the yard and theyll start barking and i look out and she's dragging her by the face across the yard. and theyre pretty big too (65-70lbs each.) they dont have any real food preferences, other than they eat out of each others dishes. they cant read so maybe that's it. my hamster, lenny, has a thing for onions and Kraft singles...

rickvanr
Sep 21, 2004, 08:26 AM

Your cats eyes remind me of Futurama's "the hypno-toad" haha, just thought I'd mention that.

SilentPanda
Sep 21, 2004, 09:50 AM
Maybe I should change my cats name to Hypno-Toad...

r6girl
Sep 21, 2004, 10:59 AM
here are pictures of my great dane puppy, jake. i have a few more pictures to upload to the site - he's growing pretty quickly (at 4 months of age he's now 60 lbs), though i can't tell all that much since i see him every day. i really only realize it when he can reach something he couldn't get to before.

http://homepage.mac.com/m.schultz/PhotoAlbum3.html

there are a few rules in the house - he can't get on any of the furniture (a bummer, i know, but my husband is allergic and extensive contact with fur/dander makes him itch), no eating people food, and no licking the mac! yet again, my husband thinks i'm crazy - whenever jake comes near me when i'm on the couch with my powerbook, i say, "jake, no licking the mac" when he gets close. he's learned pretty well now, just from the tone of my voice.

there will be no drool on the powerbook! :p

marianne

yellow
Sep 21, 2004, 11:10 AM
Pretty dog. He looks more like a Weimaraner then a Great Dane.

Rower_CPU
Sep 21, 2004, 11:23 AM
That's a beautiful Dane, macLC40!

I want to get one once I get into a place that allows small horses as pets. ;)

Did you get him locally? I've heard it's tough to find good breeders in the US - they're short lived enough as it is and I don't want one with lots of health problems from inbreeding.

iNetwork
Sep 21, 2004, 12:32 PM
This is Chick. She's a chocolate lab. Very sweet dog and she still thinks she's a lap puppy. Her favorite drink is coffee and her favorite food is grilled steak. I love her and she loves me so much. She cries when I go to work and nearly does flips when I get home! Her hobbies include ball chasing, squirrel chasing and lifting girl's skirts with her nose so that I can have a peek. :p Very well trained puppy.

r6girl
Sep 21, 2004, 03:42 PM
Pretty dog. He looks more like a Weimaraner then a Great Dane.

yeah, we get that a lot. he's a blue dane, so his coloring is almost like a weimaraner, although his coat is a darker grey. also, he doesn't have the fully square head and jaw yet that danes have (which he should grow into, based on what his parents look like). that also makes him look more like a weimaraner for the moment. but once he gets to be full-grown and weighs around 150 lbs, i think the confusion will end at that time!

marianne

r6girl
Sep 21, 2004, 03:48 PM
That's a beautiful Dane, macLC40!

I want to get one once I get into a place that allows small horses as pets. ;)

Did you get him locally? I've heard it's tough to find good breeders in the US - they're short lived enough as it is and I don't want one with lots of health problems from inbreeding.

thanks! i did get him locally - out of a litter of 10! check out www.danesonline.com - there's great info there and links to breeders and current litters. they're great pets- he's been even better than we'd hoped for. he's so friendly and sweet, and wants nothing more than to hang around us all the time. definitely a good breed if you want a dog that will be part of your family (not to just leave out in the yard, which a lot of people do, unfortunately).

good luck on getting a dane soon! they need less room than you think - they're not like weimaraners where they need tons of room to run around. they're not very high energy, so a few daily walks and some playing suffices most of the time.

marianne

zyuzin4
Sep 21, 2004, 04:15 PM
here is Krystal
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/mfries/qutepup.JPG

Rower_CPU
Sep 21, 2004, 04:39 PM
thanks! i did get him locally - out of a litter of 10! check out www.danesonline.com - there's great info there and links to breeders and current litters. they're great pets- he's been even better than we'd hoped for. he's so friendly and sweet, and wants nothing more than to hang around us all the time. definitely a good breed if you want a dog that will be part of your family (not to just leave out in the yard, which a lot of people do, unfortunately).

good luck on getting a dane soon! they need less room than you think - they're not like weimaraners where they need tons of room to run around. they're not very high energy, so a few daily walks and some playing suffices most of the time.

marianne

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

Right now we can barely have a cat due to the regulations in our complex - once we move to a place with a yard, we're so getting a dane. :)

yellow
Sep 21, 2004, 04:57 PM
here is Krystal

She's levitating steak sauce with her mind!!!!!

acceber
Sep 21, 2004, 07:18 PM
Everybody seems to own dogs or cats!

homerjward
Sep 21, 2004, 07:40 PM
here is Krystal
oh dear god she's so cute! that looks like my basenji when i get out the scooby snacks
:p

krimson
Sep 21, 2004, 11:06 PM
my last pet :o

Peyote
Sep 21, 2004, 11:27 PM
This is our basset hound, Vern. We got him a year ago through a basset hound rescue club, who found him at an animal shelter. He's about 2.5-3 years old now. I love bassets...great personality. The only thing that irks me is when people think he's a Beagle. Happens all the time, even though he looks and is 100% basset.

bootedbear
Sep 22, 2004, 12:09 AM
Little Bear

tech4all
Sep 22, 2004, 01:18 AM
....Her favorite drink is coffee....

That might explain this:

....does flips when I get home! Her hobbies include ball chasing, squirrel chasing and lifting girl's skirts with her nose so that I can have a peek.

;)

Nermal
Sep 22, 2004, 04:58 AM
Everybody seems to own dogs or cats! Here is a true Australian budgie, my budgie called "Mouse"

http://img89.exs.cx/img89/5563/IMGP94.jpg

We are 'babysitting' an Australian grass parrot. We also have some budgies, quail and lovebirds. They all seem to get on well with each other (in a large aviary).

iSaint
Sep 23, 2004, 02:46 PM
Little Bear

anyone ever hear of the term shuteeter? Say it fast...that's what little dogs are. Nothing personal to Little Bear.

Xenious
Sep 23, 2004, 03:53 PM
Here are my 3 cats: Claire (blue gray), Alice (gray and white tabby) and Simon (aka the Cow moooo)
-jim

coopdog
Sep 23, 2004, 09:06 PM
All these pictures are making me hungry!

Nermal
Sep 24, 2004, 02:29 AM
:eek:

kaylee
Sep 24, 2004, 04:23 AM
Here are my two hermit crabs, Hermes and Apollo. Hermes is up the plastic palm tree we have in their tank, and Apollo is buried into the wood shavings. (Sorry about how dark the picture is, but its the only i have at the moment)

yellow
Sep 24, 2004, 05:09 AM
My crime against nature, Bumbrakitten. He likes tuna treats and scotch whiskey.
He finds hobo legs to be a delicacy.

SilentPanda
Sep 24, 2004, 09:24 AM
My crime against nature, Bumbrakitten. He likes tuna treats and scotch whiskey.
He finds hobo legs to be a delicacy.

That's just wrong... it was right in the "Lost" thread but... as a pet... it eat's airplane pilots!

neilrobinson
Sep 24, 2004, 09:36 AM
well i use to own a goat... like a big male one... he was about 5ft tall, will post a picture when i can find one, a great pet!

rickvanr
Sep 24, 2004, 11:44 PM
well i use to own a goat... like a big male one... he was about 5ft tall, will post a picture when i can find one, a great pet!

That is an awesome pet! If I end up living in a rural area when I finally buy a house, and finish university, that I'm going to get a pet llama. Oh, and another dog, of course.

Apple //e
Sep 25, 2004, 01:24 AM
hes a 5yr old weimaraner and hes a little punk. he loves bacon, grapes, strawberries, and asian pears. not much of a guard dog but a great companion. i love him to death

edit: i came really close to getting a turkish angora kitty but as a single parent thought it would be too much. i love cats though

jared_kipe
Sep 25, 2004, 08:53 PM
Here is my adult female Chilean Rose Tarantula.

Counterfit
Sep 25, 2004, 09:43 PM
My pet (http://homepage.mac.com/counterfit/PhotoAlbum5.html)

yellow
Sep 26, 2004, 03:17 AM
Here is my adult female Chilean Rose Tarantula.

Ah! AH! AAAAHH! >scream<

belair
Sep 26, 2004, 04:18 AM
That picture of the weimaraner is really nice. These dogs look so intelligent. Even if this one is sleeping. :rolleyes: . I would love to get a dog like this but since I am going to be living in an appartement its not such a brilliant idea.

ah yes, about the spider…
ahhhaaaaahhhhahahh wholly…aahhhhheeh (really scary)

Mitthrawnuruodo
Sep 26, 2004, 05:34 AM
This is Shiva, 5 months old weapon of mass destruction...

Apple //e
Sep 26, 2004, 03:55 PM
That picture of the weimaraner is really nice. These dogs look so intelligent. Even if this one is sleeping. :rolleyes: . I would love to get a dog like this but since I am going to be living in an appartement its not such a brilliant idea.

you just have to give them plenty of exercise. a brisk walk daily and active play time about 2-3x a week. it is a lot of work though, especially if you have to take it out to pee/poo 3x a day. but its worth it. they really are very intelligent and obedient. i havent had any disciplinary problems aside from the occassional eating of food i didnt store away carefully.

csubear
Sep 26, 2004, 05:21 PM

robotrenegade
Sep 26, 2004, 06:11 PM

criana
Oct 1, 2004, 10:54 AM
Everyone has such great pics of their special ones!!

robotrenegade - great photo of the gray car!

csubear - i love the iBunny, he/she is so cute!

Mitthrawnuruodo - weapon of mass destruction, I almost fell over laughing, because just last night, I was cutting back the nails on my cat, and said to myself, well those 10 weapons of mass destruction are a little less harmful.

My arms, face, chest, back, butt, legs and hands can attest Melody is a weapon of mass destruction. :p

Here's my cat Melody, we usually just call her Mel.

http://www.dianaleroi.com/C1514787024/E2041965690/Media/P1180067.jpg

This is her watching TV:

http://www.dianaleroi.com/C1514787024/E2019025421/Media/P6051020.jpg

robotrenegade
Oct 4, 2004, 10:38 AM
These are not my pets but they are funny.

bankshot
Oct 4, 2004, 04:55 PM
Cool thread, lots of cute pics. :)

We currently have three: Kinder (the tabby, pronounced like the first half of kindergarten), Jasmine (black cat), and Squirt (the mouse).

http://mikeandbev.org/Pictures/Pets/kinderledge.jpg http://mikeandbev.org/Pictures/Pets/jachair.jpg http://mikeandbev.org/Pictures/Pets/mouse1.jpg

All 3 came as strays at various different times. The mouse lived in our apartment for several months before we finally caught her. We could hear her running around at night and found lots of mouse poop in places, but the live traps never worked... she just ate the food without triggering them! Finally one day Kinder was eyeing the closet intently, so I opened it and out came the mouse. The cat pounced and dropped the mouse at my feet. So I grabbed the mouse (still stunned) and dropped her in a little cage. We've had her ever since (almost 3 years ago now) - figured leaving her in the wild would probably just make her some coyote's snack one day. :eek:

Here, Kinder's a little miffed that she couldn't enjoy her catch... :p

http://mikeandbev.org/Pictures/Pets/catmouse4.jpg

My wife and I are both more dog people, but we love all animals and could never turn them away. Finally we just bought our first house and are getting ready for a dog. I like labs and my wife likes pugs. We wanted to rescue a shelter dog and labs are much easier to find at shelters, so we thought we'd get one of those first. But then we saw this little pug, Bruno, on a shelter's website and our hearts melted. We met him this past Saturday and he's just the cutest little thing. He got a little respiratory infection at the shelter so the vet wanted to keep him another week, but this Friday we get to take him home so he can have fun terrorizing the cats... :D

http://mikeandbev.org/Pictures/Pets/Bruno.jpg

Whoah, guess I wrote a bit much there... what can I say, I love my pets. ;)

BTW, http://www.petfinder.org is a great site if you want to rescue a pet from a shelter. :cool:

Daveway
Mar 9, 2005, 06:16 PM
My 2 dogs on their sofa photo shoot. :p
Maltese and white micro miniature schnauzer. Louie and Sugar Queen
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21660&stc=1

Italiano
Mar 9, 2005, 06:25 PM
wanna see strange dogs... come to our site

www.strangedogs.com :eek:

daveL
Mar 9, 2005, 06:47 PM
That's easy :) We have another dog and a cat, too.

debroglie
Mar 9, 2005, 06:51 PM
Here is my cat, Goldie. She's learning to play my guitar. :rolleyes:
http://img213.exs.cx/img213/1782/goldie7db.jpg

boneca
Mar 9, 2005, 11:33 PM
my Grate Dane - Vlada

http://img198.exs.cx/img198/5360/vlada0ct.th.jpg (http://img198.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img198&image=vlada0ct.jpg)

Pugdawg1
Mar 9, 2005, 11:54 PM
http://mikeandbev.org/Pictures/Pets/Bruno.jpg

Whoah, guess I wrote a bit much there... what can I say, I love my pets. ;)

BTW, http://www.petfinder.org is a great site if you want to rescue a pet from a shelter. :cool:

Love that face! I adore the pugs.. I have three males ~ two fawns, one black, I believe I posted pictures in this thread, but it was quite awhile ago. Two are rescues, one came from a breeder. And as for petfinder, I'm constantly checking that... I don't NEED a 4th pug, but if one, reasonably close to me, needed a home, I wouldn't say no. :)

wdlove
Mar 10, 2005, 08:24 PM
My 2 dogs on their sofa photo shoot. :p
Maltese and white micro miniature schnauzer. Louie and Sugar Queen
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21660&stc=1

All of the above pictures are very nice.

I happen to have a special place in my heart for a schnauzer. Had a Giant Schnauzer growing up. My wife and I have owned three of them. She looks very regal, white is a very uncommon color. Al least I'm used to black. ;)

Lacero
Mar 10, 2005, 08:24 PM
Daveway, dog on right, looks like a character from Kill Bill Vol2. You know the one. :D

Daveway
Mar 10, 2005, 09:43 PM
Daveway, dog on right, looks like a character from Kill Bill Vol2. You know the one. :D

I've heard it brought up before. :D
To answer wdlove, the white shnauzer that I have is very rare. We drove 300 miles to get her and our vet said she is so rare that he had never seen one in 25 years :eek: .

pigbat
Mar 10, 2005, 10:02 PM
The Rude Dog

http://members.cox.net/pigbat/Rudy-scarf.jpg

Daveway
Mar 10, 2005, 10:07 PM
The Rude Dog

http://members.cox.net/pigbat/Rudy-scarf.jpg

I love Maltese. I think they're the best family pets. :)

Nanda Devi
Mar 10, 2005, 10:10 PM
This is my little baby boy, Papillon (Papi), all tucked into bed. I noticed a lot of other grey kitties in this thread, and they all look so much like mine. I love all cats, but there's something about those grey ones...

Papi is a complete freak and tears around the apartment at full speed with no warning. He really like hummus, oddly enough, and will lick right out of the container if given the chance.

Daveway
Mar 10, 2005, 10:14 PM
This is my little baby boy, Papillon (Papi), all tucked into bed. I noticed a lot of other grey kitties in this thread, and they all look so much like mine. I love all cats, but there's something about those grey ones...

Papi is a complete freak and tears around the apartment at full speed with no warning. He really like hummus, oddly enough, and will lick right out of the container if given the chance.

I'm not a cat person. They just spook me way to much. :o

pigbat
Mar 11, 2005, 08:33 AM
I love Maltese. I think they're the best family pets. :)

He has been the greatest dog I've ever had. He's a little high strung when people come over but once they pay a little attention to him he's fine. How old is yours?

wdlove
Mar 11, 2005, 06:03 PM
I've heard it brought up before. :D
To answer wdlove, the white schnauzer that I have is very rare. We drove 300 miles to get her and our vet said she is so rare that he had never seen one in 25 years :eek: .

Did you purchase Sugar Queen from a breeder? Which is something that I highly recommend. Does the white color just happen at random or is the line also white on both sides? I know that salt & pepper and black both come from parents of the same color. Certainly would prefer the white over salt & pepper.

Lacero
Mar 11, 2005, 06:04 PM
Bought mine from breeders. The only recommended way to attain dogs or cats.

Pugdawg1
Mar 11, 2005, 09:01 PM
Bought mine from breeders. The only recommended way to attain dogs or cats.
Ohhh I dunno. I have both purchased dogs from outstanding, responsible breeders, and I have also adopted rescues.. the rescues weren't any more difficult, more unhealthy than the purchased ones. Yes.. perhaps I've had good luck, some rescue animals DO have issues, behavioural or health wise. And some don't.
Currently I have one that came from a breeder, one that was dumped by a family that just flat didn't want him, and another that was abandoned along a highway and wound up at an animal shelter. And I've had many others over the years. Just depends on the person though, and what they are really wanting. Both are fine ways to get a pet. IMO

mariahrg
Mar 11, 2005, 09:14 PM
Here is a picture of my two chinchillas, Sandy and Gilbert.

CaptainCaveMann
Mar 11, 2005, 09:59 PM
http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL547/2324039/4563802/80499323.jpg

crazytom
Mar 11, 2005, 10:36 PM
...must have been in contact with iBunny...

Jovian9
Mar 11, 2005, 11:34 PM
Here are my dogs....all cockerspaniels. The blonde is Jovian (male 5 years old). He is the smart one....does tons of tricks including giving hugs and never causes problems. The black/white is Kubrick (male almost 3 years old....my favorite). He is the fun one. Tail is always wagging, mouth open, ready to play.....but sometimes gets into trouble.

Jovian9
Mar 11, 2005, 11:36 PM
and the 3rd one.....The black one is Samara (female almost 2 years old). She is calm all the time, a bit fat....and tends to get into trouble (chewing stuff up).

Singing Storm
Mar 12, 2005, 01:24 AM
Aaaawwwww all these pets are so cute...the tarantula was kinda scary though. My brother is away in college, so my mom and I get to take care of his Nile Moniter, Bearded Dragon, and his Senegal Parrot (Mango). He used to have a Ball Python, but had to give him away because there wasn't any more space for all his pets.

I, however, have my Calico kitty, Bella. I'll try to post some pics of her and the rest up soon if I can.

CaptainCaveMann
Mar 12, 2005, 02:46 AM
Aaaawwwww all these pets are so cute...the tarantula was kinda scary though. My brother is away in college, so my mom and I get to take care of his Nile Moniter, Bearded Dragon, and his Senegal Parrot (Mango). He used to have a Ball Python, but had to give him away because there wasn't any more space for all his pets.

I, however, have my Calico kitty, Bella. I'll try to post some pics of her and the rest up soon if I can.Our Parrot is named Mango to! :D

Mitthrawnuruodo
Mar 12, 2005, 06:50 AM
Well, Shiva gets older, and weirder... this is his favorite sleeping position:

Singing Storm
Mar 12, 2005, 03:21 PM
Our Parrot is named Mango to! :D

I'm honored :)

Well, Shiva gets older, and weirder... this is his favorite sleeping position:

lol, my cat sleeps like that some times too

wdlove
Mar 12, 2005, 08:25 PM
I'm honored :)

I have a dog that sleeps like that sometimes also.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your cat and any of the others they you care to share. If you are like me, you consider them to be just like family.

Lacero
Mar 12, 2005, 10:03 PM
My dogs do that when they want to play. So I am obliged to spend 10 minutes tickling their tummies.

hanson316
Mar 12, 2005, 10:18 PM
My baby - no Taco Bell jokes allowed ;-)

Chip NoVaMac
Mar 13, 2005, 01:03 AM
I have a dog that sleeps like that sometimes also.

Our dog, Chewey, loves to rest like that after I get home, and get rubbed with my hot, swollen, and maybe smelly feet ( :eek: ) after I get back from working the retail floor on my long day (10 hours+) and on my "Friday" (which is Saturday). Otherwise, it is just a normal "Daddy's home". Go figure! :)

Singing Storm
Mar 13, 2005, 01:34 AM
I'm trying to get the pics of my cat and the Nile Monitor up...but I'm running into some difficulties :o I'm not posting this up to flood, but I tried something before, and it didn't really work, sorry.... :(

Flowbee
Mar 13, 2005, 01:53 AM

My next cat will be a grey one like yours... I've always been very drawn to them, but have never adopted one. (And Papillon is one of my all-time favorite movies.)

Just felt like sharing.

Nanda Devi
Mar 13, 2005, 10:30 AM
Thanks for sharing. :)

Papi's actually named more after the book than the film, although I like the movie too. If you haven't read the book (Henri Charriere), I highly recommend it. There's also a sequel called Banco that is quite good.

Italiano
Mar 13, 2005, 11:30 AM
One of our Strangedogs!

wdlove
Mar 13, 2005, 02:54 PM
One of our Strangedogs!

Oh my! I hope that is a hairless breed. Quite cute and dapper looking. ;)

Lacero
Mar 13, 2005, 02:55 PM
I've never seen that breed of dog. Cool. How long do they live? They look very portable.

iGary
Mar 13, 2005, 05:27 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/garybooberry/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2005-03-13%2015.25.57%20-0800/Image-2F675A18941711D9.jpg

Biscuit the super-cat.

Italiano
Mar 13, 2005, 05:58 PM
We currently have 9 adults - all hairless...

Sprig was a "cutie" - Even at 8 weeks he was true show quality

ColoJohnBoy
Mar 13, 2005, 06:41 PM
I call her Pig Muffin. Don't ask. Just accept.

CaptainCaveMann
Mar 13, 2005, 06:46 PM
We currently have 9 adults - all hairless...

Sprig was a "cutie" - Even at 8 weeks he was true show qualityNow thats not something you see everyday! wow ;)

wdlove
Mar 13, 2005, 07:34 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/garybooberry/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2005-03-13%2015.25.57%20-0800/Image-2F675A18941711D9.jpg

Biscuit the super-cat.

I'm a little concerned. :eek: Is that a posed picture? Or does Biscuit truly prefer the dryer as sleeping quarters.

iGary
Mar 13, 2005, 07:57 PM
I'm a little concerned. :eek: Is that a posed picture? Or does Biscuit truly prefer the dryer as sleeping quarters.

If we forget to close up the dryer and the laundry doors, she crawls right in there. :rolleyes: Weirdo cat.

Lacero
Mar 13, 2005, 08:31 PM
Don't forget the pet squirrel that lived in a carburetor of a car.

stonyc
Mar 13, 2005, 10:03 PM
First up, Spaz our cat... funny story how we got him actually:

Got Spaz at the local humane society and we took him out to play for a little bit. We were moving on to look at a couple other kittens when he reached out through his cage, snagged my fiancee's hair with one of his claws and literally would not let go. Apparently, he really wanted to go home with us that bad.. :)

Next up is Buckley our chocolate lab... named after the dog in The Royal Tenenbaums, one of my my favorite movies of all time.

Finally, have a picture of Buckley and Spaz sharing some water... they don't usually get along this well. Most of the time Spaz wants nothing to do with Buckley so catching them like this was priceless. :)

Daveway
Mar 13, 2005, 10:10 PM
Did you purchase Sugar Queen from a breeder? Which is something that I highly recommend. Does the white color just happen at random or is the line also white on both sides? I know that salt & pepper and black both come from parents of the same color. Certainly would prefer the white over salt & pepper.

We got her from a breeder. We don't know much about her parents but the dad was salt & pepper. You don't see many white schnauzers though. Sugar is 3 and Louie is almost 5 years-old.

Mitthrawnuruodo
Mar 14, 2005, 02:07 PM
Don't forget the pet squirrel that lived in a carburetor of a car.It didn't live there, just used it as a storage for his nuts (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=109972)... ;)

I have a dog that sleeps like that sometimes also.Just had to show this, the most resent photo with a slight variation of sleeping position (stop me when it gets too boring, right ;))...

CaptainCaveMann
Mar 14, 2005, 02:42 PM
http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL547/2324039/4563802/89129618.jpg

Daveway
Mar 14, 2005, 02:48 PM
http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL547/2324039/4563802/89129618.jpg

Nice bird. Let me guess..his name is Peaty. What kind is it?

evilernie
Mar 14, 2005, 03:48 PM
This is Shadow. She is an all black German Shepherd.

wdlove
Mar 14, 2005, 04:12 PM
It didn't live there, just used it as a storage for his nuts (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=109972)... ;)

Just had to show this, the most resent photo with a slight variation of sleeping position (stop me when it gets too boring, right ;))...

I'm not bored. Must be like children, cats also can do the "darndest" things. :D

CaptainCaveMann your bird is beautiful. Must lift your spirits each and everyday. ;)

Lacero
Mar 14, 2005, 04:17 PM
Nice bird. Very nice orange coloration.

gMac
Mar 14, 2005, 05:04 PM
Nice bird.... What kind is it?

Sun Conure, I think.

CaptainCaveMann
Mar 15, 2005, 06:48 AM
Sun Conure, I think.Yup thats right! Hes still a baby so his colors are still coming in. He tries so hard to talk. Hes always mumbling things but you cant really make it out yet. :D

rickvanr
Mar 15, 2005, 07:07 AM
This is Shadow. She is an all black German Shepherd.
I was walking my puppy around in Montreal, and was met by a nice lady and her dog Shadow who was also a Black Shepherd. Very nice dog. Say I'm not crazy, and that you aren't the same person.

Edit; this is Darby
Edit #2; and a newer photo of Darby..

evilernie
Mar 15, 2005, 09:14 AM
I was walking my puppy around in Montreal, and was met by a nice lady and her dog Shadow who was also a Black Shepherd. Very nice dog. Same I'm not crazy, and that you aren't the same person.

Edit; this is Darby

I cannot say if you are crazy or not, but I'm definitely not the same person. :D

Darby looks like a great dog. Border Collie?

rickvanr
Mar 15, 2005, 11:08 PM
I cannot say if you are crazy or not, but I'm definitely not the same person. :D

Darby looks like a great dog. Border Collie?

:D I don't think I'm crazy, but crazy people think they're sane.. but that's beside the point. She's actually an australian shepherd, but she does look a lot like a boarder collie, so much so, that my dad said the next dog he gets will be a boarder collie. Almost everyone mistakes her for a boarder collie, or a maltese, something like that, must not be though, because maltese are little white fuzzy dogs.

veritas
Mar 22, 2005, 02:45 AM
here is my dog chico

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/zookeeper598/DSC00315.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/zookeeper598/DSC00409.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/zookeeper598/DSC00362.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/zookeeper598/DSC00180.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/zookeeper598/DSC00176.jpg

zyuzin4
Mar 22, 2005, 03:31 AM
here is my dog chico

aww how old? 1 year? looks like Chico is still young.

powerbookje
Mar 22, 2005, 05:11 AM
this is my cat Tibo sleeping on an iBook.
:rolleyes:

veritas
Mar 22, 2005, 01:06 PM
aww how old? 1 year? looks like Chico is still young.
yeah he is about 1 year and half.

wdlove
Mar 22, 2005, 08:14 PM
yeah he is about 1 year and half.

Those are very nice pictures. Chico looks like a friendly dog. I also admire your yard. Looks like an awesome place to play. Do feel sorry for the dog having to sleep in the garage though. ;)

Lacero
Mar 22, 2005, 08:35 PM
Chico looks great. I love those type of outdoor dogs. Does he sleep indoors? I love having my dogs run around outside, since it is so much healthier for them, but also as long as their is flea control.

XIII
Mar 23, 2005, 11:59 AM
My cat, Thierry, in the snow.. :)

His sister isn't pictured here.. ;)

http://www.smallapple.org/forum/uploads/1109454498/gallery_3_9_1109502439.jpg

Sorry about the angle... :D

Forced Perfect
Mar 23, 2005, 12:05 PM
Woo hoo! 4-in-1.

wdlove
Mar 23, 2005, 08:24 PM
XIII, nice picture, your cat reminds me of my dogs playing in the snow. Almost surprised seeing a cat enjoying snow.

Forced Perfect, a nice picture, its a good thing that they are different colors. Makes for a very pretty picture.

ScottDodson
Mar 23, 2005, 10:59 PM
Here's our cat Wallace!!
http://photos2.flickr.com/1943715_6a27897b36.jpg

Leareth
Mar 23, 2005, 11:20 PM
My Giant 25 pound monster, shown here on sofa for size comparison ,
he takes a medium sized dog harness for his outside walks and his chest is 27 inches in diameter, I ran his mtDNA against the various sequences on GenBank but the results are interesting but inconclusive, not pure domestic cat but don't know what else

Vader
Mar 23, 2005, 11:22 PM
Here's our cat Wallace!!
http://photos2.flickr.com/1943715_6a27897b36.jpg
He has good taste, it loves the Apple monitors!

XIII
Mar 24, 2005, 02:17 AM
XIII, nice picture, your cat reminds me of my dogs playing in the snow. Almost surprised seeing a cat enjoying snow.

His first winter.. :D Could be why.. :p

veritas
Mar 24, 2005, 04:53 AM
Those are very nice pictures. Chico looks like a friendly dog. I also admire your yard. Looks like an awesome place to play. Do feel sorry for the dog having to sleep in the garage though. ;)

he actually likes to sleep in the garage probably cuz my room is in there, he always barks and jumps on the door trying to get in at night when he was younger i guess he likes sleeping in the garage at night.

veritas
Mar 24, 2005, 04:55 AM
Chico looks great. I love those type of outdoor dogs. Does he sleep indoors? I love having my dogs run around outside, since it is so much healthier for them, but also as long as their is flea control.

yeah he sleeps inside the garage at night. lately he has been opening the gate and going on his own walks(dad fixed the gate so now he cant get out.), i usually let him go out for like 30 min on his own walks and then comes back after i whistle of yell his name out he's a good dog :cool:

Mitthrawnuruodo
Mar 24, 2005, 07:02 AM
Hey, XIII, is that really your cat? It looks scarily familiar, somehow... ;)

XIII
Mar 24, 2005, 09:27 AM
Haha, yup, he really is mine.. :D

They do look remarkably similar. ;)

wdlove
Mar 24, 2005, 08:50 PM
he actually likes to sleep in the garage probably cuz my room is in there, he always barks and jumps on the door trying to get in at night when he was younger i guess he likes sleeping in the garage at night.

What type of room do you have in the garage? Apparently he likes to be with his master.

Lacero
Mar 24, 2005, 08:56 PM
Pets like to sleep together in small groups. They also like to snuggle in a corner, such under a coffee table or the space between a chair and a wall.

ScottDodson
Mar 25, 2005, 03:43 PM
He has good taste, it loves the Apple monitors!

Oh yeah, if he's not laying next to those monitors, you can find him on top of my old green iMac :D

iSaint
Jun 21, 2005, 08:47 PM
Leon is about 14 years old, he's hanging in there pretty good. The other guys know who's boss. Oreo is about two years, from the animal shelter. Viktor is about two and was a stray - he has the craziest personality of them all.

rickvanr
Jun 21, 2005, 11:20 PM
Here are few new ones of my baby. She looks funny after a swim.

http://img294.echo.cx/img294/8936/darby19bp.th.jpg (http://img294.echo.cx/my.php?image=darby19bp.jpg)

http://img205.echo.cx/img205/2480/darby20wv.th.jpg (http://img205.echo.cx/my.php?image=darby20wv.jpg)

Supa_Fly
Jun 22, 2005, 03:28 AM
This is a picture of our 5 months old Long Haired Chihuahua. She is hyper when anyone has a shower - dont know why - and seems to always want to eat when any of us go into the kitchen, lol.

1st attached pic is her outside a few weeks ago loving the tall grass.
2nd attached pic is her actually pouting while sleeping; she got really sad when my kids and wife and I told her to not bark (we live in an apartment and hope that she can be mostly quite even when playing, except when a knock is at the door or for emergency's). She fell asleep sad and I had to get the photo on my phone.

3rd attached pic is the "princess" bed my girlfriend found when she went to the local GoodWill - she went there looking for a cheap bed and found this & setup the take. Photos taken with either SE k700i or Nokia 6620.

I never grew up with pets - frogs freezing on the balcony over the winter, and having 2 kittens for less than 5 weeks (Dad's allergy) isnt long enough - so my wife was really reluctant about me around our puppy. I love her very much to my wife's surprise.

;)

wdlove
Jun 22, 2005, 08:05 PM
3rd attached pic is the "princess" bed my girlfriend found when she went to the local GoodWill - she went there looking for a cheap bed and found this & setup the take. Photos taken with either SE k700i or Nokia 6620.

I never grew up with pets - frogs freezing on the balcony over the winter, and having 2 kittens for less than 5 weeks (Dad's allergy) isn't long enough - so my wife was really reluctant about me around our puppy. I love her very much to my wife's surprise.

;)

Nice cat iSaint, looks good for being 14 years old.

Very nice pictures of your dog rickvanr.

A very cute Chihuahua Prom 1, she appears to have settled very well into her new home. The bed is awesome. I'm a little confused. You speak of your girlfriend getting the bed. Then you mention your wife. :confused:

Supa_Fly
Jun 22, 2005, 08:28 PM
A very cute Chihuahua Prom 1, she appears to have settled very well into her new home. The bed is awesome. I'm a little confused. You speak of your girlfriend getting the bed. Then you mention your wife. :confused:

Sorry they're both the same person, my girlfriend - the absolute love of my life (even those horrible PMS times, lol) - is considered by me my wife. We've been on and off for the past 9 years, with 2 wonderful kids. Haven't had a wedding just yet; cold feet and waiting to purchase the ring & perfect proposal setting. ;) Either way we're still a family plus Mina our Chihuahua completes it. Yup Mina has settled in - since day 3. very hyper and loving her bark. Funny though her growls for inquiring or waking us up in the morning.

iGary
Jun 22, 2005, 08:42 PM
Biscuit and her buddy Jake the Drake:

http://homepage.mac.com/garybooberry/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2005-06-22%2018.38.48%20-0700/Image-5A8AB4AEE38711D9.jpg

Biscuit asleep in the front berth of my boat when I lived aboard:

http://homepage.mac.com/garybooberry/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2005-06-22%2018.38.48%20-0700/Image-5A8BC284E38711D9.jpg

Biscuit on her leash for a walk:

http://homepage.mac.com/garybooberry/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2005-06-22%2018.38.48%20-0700/Image-5A8AD4ACE38711D9.jpg

Biscuit coming out from underneath a nice warm pile of laundry:

http://homepage.mac.com/garybooberry/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2005-06-22%2018.38.48%20-0700/Image-5A8BD9A4E38711D9.jpg

FoxyKaye
Jun 22, 2005, 08:54 PM
The Orange/White one is Pineapple Boy, the Black/White one is Oruka-chan (it means "little miss killer whale" in Japanese). Pineapple Boy is mine and Oruka-chan is my partner's.

iSaint
Jun 22, 2005, 09:30 PM
iGary you're cat looks a bit like my Viktor, see post above. Does s/he really walk in the lease?

FoxyKaye love the 'killer-whale' name. Esp since our Oreo has a little fat on him. And he's been known to bring me a 'present' to the door.

Speaking of which, do you let your cats outside? I do...yes, they bring birds and mice on occasion and I hate it.

FoxyKaye
Jun 22, 2005, 09:39 PM
Speaking of which, do you let your cats outside? I do...yes, they bring birds and mice on occasion and I hate it.
Nope - indoor kitties only. I have this amazing paranoia about letting animals run free outdoors: cars, other (bigger) animals, getting lost, tainted food (yes, crazy people leave poison food out on occasion just to hurt other peoples' pets), etc.

When I owned a dog and had a field (since I think owning dogs in the city is cruel), we fixed up a really long run (over 100') that we'd attach him to during the daytime while we were around. He loved it, and my anxiety about him encountering any problems was greatly diminished.

OK, I know this is a little sick, but I actually think it's cute when cats bring presents. My mother's cat was indoor/outdoor, and she'd present us with all forms of small wildlife until mom affixed a large bell to her collar. :D

mac 2005
Jun 22, 2005, 10:17 PM
Meet Mr. Morton.

First Name: Cain

Last name comes from the School House Rock animation: The Tale of Mr. Morton.

Cain has allowed me to live with him for nearly 9 years.

fitinferno
Jun 22, 2005, 10:19 PM
Ohhh, I love all these pictures :) The dogs and cats really make me wish I weren't allergic to both!

Here are a few pictures of my beloved bird Moonunit :D

mac 2005
Jun 22, 2005, 10:26 PM
Kitty lives with my ex-wife now, but I miss her only every second of every day. Who says divorce is hardest on the kids? :o

mac 2005
Jun 22, 2005, 10:32 PM
Christmas gift from my Mom.

mac 2005
Jun 22, 2005, 10:37 PM
I love how he crosses his arms ...

The_Man
Jun 22, 2005, 10:53 PM
This is my cat, Holly.

Close Up (http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25390&stc=1)

Holly (http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25389&stc=1)

Bibulous
Jun 22, 2005, 10:57 PM
RIP

dhracer88
Jun 22, 2005, 11:28 PM
I thought a thread like this would surface eventually. It's about time! :)

My dogs' photos are all on my site (see sig).

mcarnes
Jun 22, 2005, 11:36 PM
Baby Indian Star Tortoise. An eating machine.

fitinferno
Jun 23, 2005, 12:16 AM

Haha! That is awesome :D

CanadaRAM
Jun 23, 2005, 01:29 AM
Here's our stray, Shadow that wandered in 12 years ago and never left.

http://www.canadaram.com/images/cat0132.jpg

http://www.canadaram.com/images/Cat0321.jpg

http://www.canadaram.com/images/cat0026.jpg

Sadly, we only have a couple of weeks left with her, cancer.

Edit-- Aw... she left the house the day after I posted to die in private in one of her garden "nests". Kind of a circle that -- she wandered in from the street, and chose to leave again the same way. Sad for now... :(

iGary
Jun 23, 2005, 07:21 AM
iGary you're cat looks a bit like my Viktor, see post above. Does s/he really walk in the lease?

FoxyKaye love the 'killer-whale' name. Esp since our Oreo has a little fat on him. And he's been known to bring me a 'present' to the door.

When I first got her, I was living on my sailboat, so yes when she culd fit in my hand I started her on a leash. It was so cute. I would get home at night, she'd get all excited when the leash would come out, and she'd literally drag me all over the marina grounds.

Really miss those days. I'd walk her around our condo, but too many dogs. She's not afraid of them, but I don't trust some of our neighbors judgement, and one snap is all it takes to kill a kitty.

You have a cute bunch, there iSaint!

iGary
Jun 23, 2005, 07:23 AM
Here's our stray, Shadow that wandered in 12 years ago and never left.

http://www.canadaram.com/images/cat0132.jpg

http://www.canadaram.com/images/Cat0321.jpg

http://www.canadaram.com/images/cat0026.jpg

Sadly, we only have a couple of weeks left with her, cancer.

Sorry to hear about that, CanadaRAM. Hope your last few weeks together are memorable. hard to lose a good friend. *hugs*

noaccess
Jun 23, 2005, 08:05 AM
This is my pet pekinese.
Sorry for the grainy webcam pic.

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25403

BTW hope Shadow's last weeks will be as pain-free as possible. Too bad to lose such a faithful pet :( .

MentalFabric
Jun 23, 2005, 08:25 AM
This is Chairman Meow and me being a large mouse

toothpaste
Jun 23, 2005, 08:59 AM
first one was taken 9 years ago, he was 11 weeks old

toothpaste
Jun 23, 2005, 09:01 AM
taken last night

mac 2005
Jun 23, 2005, 11:56 AM

This little guy cracks me up. Every time I see that face, it makes me laugh.

CHOMP!

wdlove
Jun 23, 2005, 02:14 PM

Certainly a very unique looking tortoise. The design on the shell is very interesting. Is the shell softer than other types? The face is very cute. What is its name?

Mitthrawnuruodo
Jul 27, 2005, 07:15 AM
Had to revive this thread with a couple of new pics of my cat Shiva, who seems to invent new sleeping positions as he goes along... :)

Sharewaredemon
Jul 27, 2005, 08:16 AM
Had to revive this thread with a couple of new pics of my cat Shiva, who seems to invent new sleeping positions as he goes along... :)

Hahaha, that is so great. I love cats, and their crazy sleeping poses.

Artful Dodger
Jul 27, 2005, 02:51 PM
Mia, my two year old with Dingo looking ears :p

banditf50
Jul 27, 2005, 02:58 PM
This is my cat Escher . . . named after the artist of course. I adopted him when he was ~4 months hold, he is now 10 months old.

Tahko
Jul 27, 2005, 03:18 PM
k?
This cat is called Lollipop. For sake of her privacy, I refuse to post her real Finnish name. ;)

http://80.81.189.232/i//00/18/13/72/1589121.jpg

Mitthrawnuruodo
Jul 27, 2005, 03:41 PM
This is my cat Escher . . . named after the artist of course. I adopted him when he was ~4 months hold, he is now 10 months old.Nice cat and cool name... :)

Shiva (look above) is also an adoptee. Got him from the local RSPCA equivalent a year ago, when he was about 12 weeks old. He was then a skinny little runaway. Now he's a ~7kg (over 15 pounds) happy (though on a diet ;)) and well adjusted cat (but with a funny voice and mannerism)... ;)

pubwvj
Jul 27, 2005, 09:28 PM
Kita guarding some of her flock.

Lacero
Jul 27, 2005, 09:29 PM
That's so cool. I have two Shetland sheep dogs, and I always wondered if I had a sheep farm, would they know how to herd them?

wdlove
Jul 27, 2005, 09:35 PM
Kita guarding some of her flock.

A beautiful picture, I'm dreaming of that kind of weather. Kita is a nice looking dog. Just like my dogs they love the snow.
;)

taeclee99
Jul 27, 2005, 09:36 PM
my dog maddie

pubwvj
Jul 27, 2005, 09:57 PM
That's so cool. I have two Shetland sheep dogs, and I always wondered if I had a sheep farm, would they know how to herd them?

They might or might not. Part of it is genetic (Kita is 3rd generation on our farm). Part of it is being raised with the target species (Kita and her pack guard our sheep, pigs, poultry and kids). Part of it is training to refine the instincts, to hone what they have and sublimate it into the right behaviors that I, the pack leader, need.

Kita and our other dogs do both guardian duty out in the fields as well as herding (moving the animals). Generally these two behaviors are separate but some breeds combine them in one dog. Kita is a mixed breed.

Cheers,

-Walter
SugarMtnFarm
in Vermont

colocolo
Jul 27, 2005, 10:41 PM
my dog maddie

I must say i love your dog.. I have a Golden Retriever myself, almost 1 year old now.

wdlove
Jul 28, 2005, 01:34 PM
my dog maddie

Maddie is a nice looking dog, she looks very happy in your nice picture. ;)

neildmitchell
Jul 29, 2005, 01:38 AM
Dummy and Fatso

katie ta achoo
Jul 29, 2005, 03:07 AM
Dummy and Fatso

Hahaha, I call my cat "fatty", too. His real name is Danger, but.. he's JUST SO FAT! We put him on a diet, but he keeps expanding! He must be breaking into the fridge at night and eating sandwich meat or something. :rolleyes:

The dog is Flash. He's a purebred Italian Greyhound. He eats out of the trash and pees on the clean laundry. But he's so old we'd feel bad shoving him off on someone. (esp. because he gets seizures. Medication EVERY night)

The third is my Nephew. I'm currently training him to be a MacHead. He knows the difference between an iBook and a PowerBook! He's wearing a buzz lightyear box on his head and pretending it's a helmet. I took him to the Apple store once and told him to tell a clerk that he liked the movie because Steve Jobs owns Pixar. He did and Vlady (favorite clerk ever) just looked at me like I was a lunatic. (it's partly true)

Whoops.
Ignore the third.
I have just been informed that my nephew is not a pet.
:p :D :D

devilot
Jul 29, 2005, 09:54 AM
Katie, they're all adorable! But I think I'd stick w/ the cat... the other two aren't potty-trained. :D

wdlove
Jul 29, 2005, 01:28 PM
That's alright Katie, your nephew seems to be your pet project at the moment. He's cute, seems to be quite precocious.

Apparently Dangers is using some of his 9 lives. :D

Flash is a nice looking greyhound. Sorry to hear about the seizures. I had two dogs in the past that we had to medicate daily. One was thyroid to try preventing blindness, but she still went blind. :(

Chip NoVaMac
Jul 29, 2005, 09:08 PM
Katie, they're all adorable! But I think I'd stick w/ the cat... the other two aren't potty-trained. :D

Hey my Chewey was not potty trained, but was house-broken when my ex and I got him at 8 weeks old. (And BTW, the Chewey name came from the Chewbaca noises he made under the covers as a pup, not for chewing things)

devilot
Jul 29, 2005, 09:56 PM
Hey my Chewey was not potty trained, but was house-broken when my ex and I got him at 8 weeks old. (And BTW, the Chewey name came from the Chewbaca noises he made under the covers as a pup, not for chewing things)
I know dogs can learn all of this... um, control... but cats come pre-programmed! Show them the sand-- and voila! Work accomplished. :D I love dogs, too, used to have a mini schnauzer.

Duff-Man
Jul 29, 2005, 10:07 PM
Duff-Man says...here's my two - Florian (big tabby) and Siobhan (little Burmese)....best little buddies.....oh yeah!

jim.
Jul 29, 2005, 10:21 PM
A picture of my cats. They are Caleb (fat orange one), Haley (striped dark one) and Zoe (gray). Caleb is my wife's cat from her high school days. Haley and Zoe are rescues, and very sweet. Then there is a picture of my dog named Gatsby. He is a Boxer.

Jim

iBlue
Jul 30, 2005, 12:16 AM

oh my gosh i think that cat has narcolepsy! (i can't believe it chooses to sleep that way) :) those are indeed some strange sleeping positions.

this thread has been awesome, makes me want a dog again.

we had two cats, a dog and a parrot (Moluccan Cockatoo) plus several aquariums. now i have one aquarium running and that's it. i have a 3 year old boy, that is enough animal for me :D

katie ta achoo
Jul 30, 2005, 01:11 AM

Haha. Ellis is actually getting REALLY good about it! I'm such a proud Aunt.

...As soon as he says he needs to, I pick him up and run....

to his father and hand him off, haha.

PaRaGoNViCtiM
Jul 31, 2005, 01:31 PM
Here are my babies: (Sorry about the big pictures)
Psyka:
http://photos18.flickr.com/23956762_5c2cc47557.jpg?v=0 http://photos23.flickr.com/30009380_6e9492810c.jpg?v=0

Scarlytt:
http://photos23.flickr.com/30010602_e82b3f9b94.jpg?v=0 http://photos16.flickr.com/23356128_c397047aed.jpg?v=0

Scarlytt & Psyka:
http://photos15.flickr.com/23956764_f5b101d042.jpg?v=0 http://photos23.flickr.com/25775286_0f915f8140.jpg?v=0

Lacero
Jul 31, 2005, 01:33 PM
Here are my babies:They look delicious.

Cooper
Jul 31, 2005, 02:26 PM
Here is Dixie.

http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/3609/à49gh.th.jpg (http://img343.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dixie49gh.jpg)

http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/9711/39pl.th.jpg (http://img343.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dixie39pl.jpg)

http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/5371/à29fc.th.jpg (http://img343.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dixie29fc.jpg)

http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/1677/6sc.th.jpg (http://img343.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dixie6sc.jpg)

wdlove
Jul 31, 2005, 07:10 PM
Here is Dixie.

Dixie is cute. How old? So precious, I can tell the the picture that she thinks so also. ;) So much like family.

Cooper
Jul 31, 2005, 07:43 PM
Dixie is cute. How old? So precious, I can tell the the picture that she thinks so also. ;) So much like family.

She will be 4-month-old on August 11.

wrxguy
Aug 11, 2005, 12:48 PM
this is my beagle "Bea" she just got spayed so she is now a lamp shade as well :D

wdlove
Aug 11, 2005, 04:48 PM
this is my beagle "Bea" she just got spayed so she is now a lamp shade as well :D

Bea is very cute. She looks so sad, can't blame her though. I have had an Elizabethan Collar on many of our dogs. Very effective to protect their incisions, too bad they don't understand. :(

PaRaGoNViCtiM
Aug 11, 2005, 06:32 PM
Wierd question....Does anyone else's cat scream when she's in heat???

iBlue
Aug 11, 2005, 06:42 PM

don't have a cat anymore but i do know that there are some cats who will let out quite a wail when they are in heat. my friend's cat did that one night and you have no idea how badly i wanted to put the little ho outside and shut her up ;) - of course i didn't, but the crying/wailing/etc was very annoying... and loud!

and COOPER - i really like that (blanket?) that Dixie is sitting on in the last two pictures. that looks cool, at least from those pictures :) cute doggy! :)

CoMpX
Aug 11, 2005, 08:41 PM
PUPPY DOGGY!!! :D

This is Yoshi!

w_parietti22
Aug 17, 2005, 12:19 AM
This is my puppy... :D

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7879/img25538we.th.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img25538we.jpg)

he's a miniture Austrailian Shephard. I used the black and white function in iPhoto and then added a bit of contrast.. turned out great! :)

neildmitchell
Aug 17, 2005, 01:39 AM
OMFG! Not mine, but my firends sisters cat ....
It KNEW if you were a man, would constanty follow me around, purr, rub my legs, then roll on the ground moaning. The cat would only stop screaming if a man was inside, then go through the who song and dance routine starting with following you. Now that I think about it, it was kinda like having an Anna Nicole around.

devilot
Aug 17, 2005, 01:49 AM
Hee, here are my two cats. I adopted them through NARF (Nike Animal Rescue Foundation) and their foster mommy named them Fiji (the gray female) and Jamaica (black male) and they are brother and sister. Too bad they only respond to "Beautiful" and "Handsome." :rolleyes:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/tc1425374/kitties/kittieswindow.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/tc1425374/kitties/handsome1.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/tc1425374/kitties/beautiful3.jpg

Nermal
Aug 17, 2005, 02:29 AM
oh my gosh i think that cat has narcolepsy! (i can't believe it chooses to sleep that way) :)

That reminded me of this :D

http://www.egscomics.com/comics/egs20030212.gif

wdlove
Aug 17, 2005, 11:35 AM
PUPPY DOGGY!!! :D

This is Yoshi!

Yoshi is so cute. Looks familiar but can't think of the breed?

hpzine
Aug 17, 2005, 02:15 PM
this is maggie

wdlove
Aug 17, 2005, 05:05 PM
this is maggie

Maggie is cute, a very nice picture. ;)

stonyc
Aug 18, 2005, 01:38 PM
Got her last Friday... she's hilarious, will sleep for like an hour at a time, wake up and have a bout of what I'm calling the "crazies". Tears around the house from one end to the other, back and forth, back and forth... for about half an hour, then falls asleep again.

Took this after one of her "crazies":

zyuzin4
Aug 18, 2005, 02:30 PM
Got her last Friday... she's hilarious, will sleep for like an hour at a time, wake up and have a bout of what I'm calling the "crazies". Tears around the house from one end to the other, back and forth, back and forth... for about half an hour, then falls asleep again.

she is so adorable!!

cgratti
Aug 18, 2005, 02:54 PM
Too many "cat" people in here....

mac users must be cat people.. all except me that is.

wdlove
Aug 18, 2005, 03:08 PM

Very cute, what is her name? Very normal for a puppy. I often say even about ours, they are good when they are sleeping. ;)

Fezwick
Aug 18, 2005, 03:50 PM
Here is my duck, Jasper. I've raised him since he hatched from his egg about a month ago.

I'm trying to get him to say "Aflac." But no luck yet. :)

Lacero
Aug 18, 2005, 03:59 PM
I like cats and dogs. I don't like rabbits because they poop indiscriminately.

neildmitchell
Aug 18, 2005, 05:38 PM
Here is my duck, Jasper. I've raised him since he hatched from his egg about a month ago.

DUCKIE! :D I want a duck!

mkubal
Aug 18, 2005, 06:44 PM
This thread has gone on so long that it must be a sign that I should post some pics of my cats. ;)

Lacero
Aug 18, 2005, 06:52 PM
Nice! Your cat is so adorable.

http://www3.telus.net/poojja/cat.jpg

mkubal
Aug 18, 2005, 06:56 PM
Nice! Your cat is so adorable.

Thanks, the other one is of him grown up. Not as adorable, but I still love him. ;)

w_parietti22
Aug 18, 2005, 07:05 PM

lol. Cool duck... post a recording when he says aflac! ;)

fistful
Aug 18, 2005, 07:51 PM

I see your duck and I raise you a goose!

http://ourworld.cs.com/fistfulofangst/misc./goose2.jpg

stonyc
Aug 18, 2005, 08:13 PM
Very cute, what is her name? Very normal for a puppy. I often say even about ours, they are good when they are sleeping. ;)
Her name is Somi, she's an (almost) 9-week old Shiba Inu. She likes to take naps on our heads when we're laying on the couch or bed. :)

little-pea
Aug 18, 2005, 09:58 PM
awe.. this thread makes me happy, since im having a bad day

so i have an angora bunny named rhubarb (roo) and he's pure evil. the pics are grainy cuz they were taken with the webcam.

his fav food is tabasco sauce. go figure.

and my ex-cat named riku. he's a flame point siamese. i've posted him here before. he lives with my ex now, after a break up we didnt think about where he'd go. i miss him.

yes, he's sleeping on my panties.

rickvanr
Aug 19, 2005, 01:00 AM
This is my puppy... :D

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7879/img25538we.th.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img25538we.jpg)

he's a miniture Austrailian Shephard. I used the black and white function in iPhoto and then added a bit of contrast.. turned out great! :)

How small is a miniature Aussie? Mine's nearly full grown and she's rather miniature herself, weighing in at 40ish pounds.

If they miniatures are anything like the normal Aussie you can't not enjoy the breed.

Fezwick
Aug 19, 2005, 01:18 AM
I see your duck and I raise you a goose!

Cool Goose! What's his/her name?

And I see that goose with... baby Jasper pics!

He's about 1 week old in these pictures.

lfielder06
Aug 19, 2005, 10:53 AM
Here is Jack. He is a boston terrier and about 4 months old.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/lfielder/100_0936.jpg

wdlove
Aug 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
Jack is very cute, lfielder06. His bandana is very cue also. Apparently love's to ride in the car. ;)