Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ejosepha

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
I have a new mac mini and rather new 30"ACD using the display port via dual link adaptor. The screen looks find but sometimes when I put the mini to sleep and turn the display off, and then turn the display on and wake the mac mini, nothing appears on the display. I don't think it is every time, but it occurs. I have my keyboard attached to the display with the usb connection, and so I can choose from the display options to turn the mac mini off or put to sleep when turning off the display manually. I have used this sometimes but prefer not to.
When the display doesn't show any image I have to hard shut down the mac mini, then start it up and leave the display on, then the image shows up.
Is there a solution to this? I don't mind using any one surefire way to wake the whole system wake from sleep. Either turn off or turn on the option where turning off screen also brings up option to put mac mini to sleep or turn off. Don't use that option at all. Attach the keyboard only to the mac mini directly, etc.
Any solutions would be appreciated.
PS: I think when I put the system to sleep, but don't turn the display off, the white led light on the display stays lit, but everything is off, then when I wake the macmini the display turns on. But I'm not sure if the white led light on the display is continually on if the screen is still absorbing power. I know that when I put the system to sleep using the turn off button on the display, that the white led light on the display turns off and on as it does on the mac mini, signifying sleep mode.
I just want a surefire way of avoiding using a hard shut down in order to get the display working with the mac mini, and I would prefer to put to sleep rather than shutting down the system too often.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.