Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

v3rn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2010
I bought this Apple Case ( http://store.apple.com/us/product/IPAD_CASE?mco=MTc0MjU1OTM ) and I also purchased a Zagg invisibleSHIELD for my iPad. Do you guys who currently own the Apple Case and the iPad think the iPad will still fit inside the case with the invisibleSHIELD on? I bought the case for when my iPad leaves the house, but the invisibleSHIELD is enough protection for most of the time. (I also purchased accidental insurance.)

I hope it will fit, and I hope it will still fit on the iPad Dock with the skin on as well.

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
I'm thinking about putting a full body skin on it along with the Apple case. I haven't actually seen an Apple iPad case in person yet. Does it add a lot of bulk? How thick is it? Thanks!

v3rn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2010
I'm thinking about putting a full body skin on it along with the Apple case. I haven't actually seen an Apple iPad case in person yet. Does it add a lot of bulk? How thick is it? Thanks!

I have the case, but still waiting on my 3G iPad. The case is only like 2mm thick without the iPad in it. It's surprisingly thin.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I have the full body bse on my iPad and it fits in the apple case just find.

I'm familiar with Zagg and have used several of their products. I understand the iPad is a very tight fit in the Apple case. Does anyone using this combo think the case will peel the edges of the Zagg skin?

I know from experience with a Blackberry that Zagg warned that using a tight holster with it would damage the skin, and would not be covered by their warranty.

Carressa

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2008
I have the zagg on just the front and the Belkin clear cover on the back look great and fits great with no lifting of the Zagg invisible shield:eek:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I have the zagg on just the front and the Belkin clear cover on the back look great and fits great with no lifting of the Zagg invisible shield:eek:

Good to know but kinda not the answer to the question. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.