PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool One, UK

Harmush
Apr 11, 2010, 10:54 AM
anyone meeting up in liverpool one when the UK data is announced?

mkjj
May 9, 2010, 12:45 PM
anyone meeting up in liverpool one when the UK data is announced?

Not sure if I should buy one in the US next week or wait to get one here at home? price will be about 75 cheaper.

Harmush
May 9, 2010, 02:26 PM
might as well buy one in the us if you can... lol pick me on up too :-p.

i will be pre-ordering and waiting for delivery now anyway. i'll be in work on the 28th. :mad::mad:

mkjj
May 10, 2010, 07:28 AM
might as well buy one in the us if you can... lol pick me on up too :-p.

i will be pre-ordering and waiting for delivery now anyway. i'll be in work on the 28th. :mad::mad:

i'll be back on the 26th in case I can't get one (or BA stops me going!!)
I work in Duke St so pretty close to the Store and the boss is understanding!

mkjj
May 11, 2010, 11:01 AM
Well, BA have screwed me over and I can't get my return flight so looks like i'll be in the queue at L ONE!

Harmush
May 17, 2010, 05:32 AM
That won't be so bad. I like the liverpool store anyway. Whenever i think of liverpool tho i just can't imagine them having a mega que or much stock.

There is that premium reseller in albert dock to.

mkjj
May 18, 2010, 04:24 AM
That won't be so bad. I like the liverpool store anyway. Whenever i think of liverpool tho i just can't imagine them having a mega que or much stock.

There is that premium reseller in albert dock to.

the MMC shop at the Albert Dock has gone, terrible service anyway. Ipad is only a available from Apple Stores (or online). No resellers at the moment.
See ya there!!

DannyBres
May 23, 2010, 03:56 PM
What time people thinking of gettin to Liverpool one?

mkjj
May 24, 2010, 10:38 AM
What time people thinking of gettin to Liverpool one?

I presume it opens at 9am, so 8 should be fine.

UPDATE
8am opening, have to get up nice and early for this one

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/liverpoolone/

focalplane
May 26, 2010, 03:46 PM
the MMC shop at the Albert Dock has gone, terrible service anyway. Ipad is only a available from Apple Stores (or online). No resellers at the moment.
See ya there!!

Does That include PC World? I noticed on another thread that someone was heading to PC World on launch day to get one.

I've pre-ordered, because last time I queued (at an O2 shop for iPhone 3G) they only had 4 16GB iPhones and I was 6th in the Queue!

mkjj
May 27, 2010, 03:10 AM
Not sure about PC World times, sorry

Much more fun at the Apple Store! :)

mkjj
May 27, 2010, 05:31 AM
PC World etc 9am

DannyBres
May 27, 2010, 02:53 PM
What time are people getting there?! 6am too early?

DannyBres
May 27, 2010, 11:34 PM
11 people at 530 I'm 9th!

Harmush
May 28, 2010, 06:55 AM
11 people at 530 I'm 9th!

Wow. That's really early. How many strong was the que when the shop opened? And did everyone get an iPad? Was there stock ready?

I was going to go and wait in Liverpool but pre ordered because I wasn't sure if I could make it.

mkjj
May 28, 2010, 10:28 AM
Wow. That's really early. How many strong was the que when the shop opened? And did everyone get an iPad? Was there stock ready?

I was going to go and wait in Liverpool but pre ordered because I wasn't sure if I could make it.

Got there at 6.30, 19th and 20th. (sorry I missed you Danny)
I got a 64gb WiFi and Karen bought a 32gb WiFi even though she only went along for yet another Apple launch/opening. She was so impressed she bought one also!

Got a case and camera Kit as well. Stock levels seemed to be good. A lot of people buying 64GB 3G version.

Hope you all had a good morning and got what you wanted.

DenniZ
Jun 1, 2010, 05:46 PM
Just an update, no stock left in Liverpool, I bought a 16GB Wifi model, returned it today to be switched for a 3G model, but they had none in stock, no iPads at all. None in Manchester as well.

mkjj
Jun 2, 2010, 01:33 AM
Just an update, no stock left in Liverpool, I bought a 16GB Wifi model, returned it today to be switched for a 3G model, but they had none in stock, no iPads at all. None in Manchester as well.

No cases or camera kits either, glad I got mine on the day.

Can I ask why you are changing to 3G? Can you resell to save the 10% restocking fee? Sure someone will want it with all the shortages.

DenniZ
Jun 2, 2010, 03:40 PM
No cases or camera kits either, glad I got mine on the day.

Can I ask why you are changing to 3G? Can you resell to save the 10% restocking fee? Sure someone will want it with all the shortages.

Their is no fee put on when returning a ipad, or any other items to the apple store. Getting 3G mainly because of me getting rid of the iPhone, using a blackberry, so need something portable to be able to surf the net.

I would have sold it via another way, but too much hassle.

mkjj
Jun 3, 2010, 06:06 AM
Ah, you did not open it then, sorry.

Short video of opening

http://gallery.me.com/markjjohnson/100576

DenniZ
Jun 3, 2010, 07:05 AM
Anyone wanting to buy from this store, just go in, they probably will not have any stock (they didn't today), and ask to be put on the priority list. They will then email and reserve a desired iPad when it comes in.

mkjj
Jun 3, 2010, 08:55 AM
They had camera kits today, place was heaving!

Sparced
Jun 3, 2010, 06:40 PM
PC World in Aintree had more than 10 in stock a few days ago. I still can't decide whether to get one.

Choosing the correct case and bag is holding me up.