Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

California King

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
There's 2 kinds of screen protectors that I'm aware of. One is like InvisibleShield where you use a liquid to stick it on to the screen (more or less) and the other kind is a sticker. Which one do you guys prefer?

krnboy503

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
I have a cheap screen protector from eBay and it works well.
I also have a full body bestskinsever (lot cheaper than the zagg) and no orange peel effect.

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
There's 2 kinds of screen protectors that I'm aware of. One is like InvisibleShield where you use a liquid to stick it on to the screen (more or less) and the other kind is a sticker. Which one do you guys prefer?

For the iPad? None. It's silly to add a screen protector to that beautiful screen.

Get a case instead.

stringbeanie

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Southern California
It is a TOUCH screen and gets totally fingerprinted. I would say just get any as long as it is anti-glare. That would help cut down on the fingerprints which IMHO don't make the screen look "beautiful".

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
Zip nada, none!
You don't need one. Had you done a search pbefore starting yet another thread dedicated to this moronic subject you would have known that now wouldn't you?

v3rn

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2010
I prefer the invisibleSHIELD one. Very high quality and looks great. It adds a bit of grip to the screen though.

And for those saying not to add one, why not? It doesn't effect the look of the screen at all. And we know the screen is glass and hard to scratch, but it CAN scratch. I've scratched 2 iPhones before. The glass does get scratched.

rkdiddy

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2008
OC Baby!
I will save you some money - don't do it.

I picked up a bodyguardz full body kit.

Everything installed fine - but with the screen protector you lose a lot of the feel of the glass. IMHO it isn't worth the money. I removed it after two days.

mrcc

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2009
NONE why ruin that beautiful screen. its like asking putting a screen protector on ur laptop screen.

Ports

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Bothell,WA
Zip nada, none!
You don't need one. Had you done a search pbefore starting yet another thread dedicated to this moronic subject you would have known that now wouldn't you?

A know it all like you should DOUBLE CHECK SPELLING "pbefore" before throwing rocks at glass houses:rolleyes:

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
I like anti glare/anti fingerprint screens. I'm contemplating picking up Griffin's, but kind of want to wait for PowerSupport's. I have a PowerSupport anti glare screen on my iPhone and its wonderful. :)

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Never use the liquid screen protectors, they are way too thick and unclear and they are simply the worst to use as screen protectors, body protectors yes. For that you need a simple screen protector with static. i.e powersupport

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Never use the liquid screen protectors, they are way too thick and unclear and they are simply the worst to use as screen protectors, body protectors yes. For that you need a simple screen protector with static. i.e powersupport

I don't find this true with Phantomskinz. I've tried standard screen protectors, zagg, and BSE. I did not like Zagg, or BSE for touch screens because they have a tacky feel to it. Phantomskinz provides the same protection as Zagg, and BSE, but has a slick crystal clear surface that works great on touch screens (IMO).

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
I have also come to the conclusion, now that they have the oleophobic coating, that screen protectors are really unnecessary, and take away from the feel of the iphone/ipad. I'd rather just dust the screens off with my shirt or a cloth and retain the smooth feel o the screen.

My first experience with a screen protector was an invisi-shield on my first gen itouch. I really hated the orange peel look and feel so I took it off after a day or two. I was still afraid for the screen so I went through a series of screen savers, both anti-glare and glossy and it just never felt right. I finally just went without a screen film and never went back.

shapefactor

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2010
i would say invest in an antiglare screen protector because it has the additional benefit of keeping the fingerprints at bay.

powersupport's antiglare films are famous, though after having experienced one for the iphone i sort of regret the washed-out colors as a consequence of going for antiglare. while this wasnt a big issue for the iphone i imagine it might be for all the 9.7-inch glory that the ipad can offer.

the one solution would be screenguardz antiglare (do a search on this forum, there are some photos) which has the antiglare property, allows your fingers to glide effortlessly, and doesnt really make the colors less vibrant.

or heck it all and trust apple's oleophobic screen coating, and invest in a folio-type case which can double as a stand (like apple's case, or macally's bookstand).

Pared

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
I just bought an SGP Anti-Glare for the iPad. Were amazing for the iPhone and expect something similar.

Hopefully I'll get it before Friday but I'm doubtful with Tax Day almost here.

krisgreen65

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2008
I'm not quite sure why you'd risk not having one?

I put an invisible shield on my iPhone 3G and it's still like new.

I know there's a debate of 'it ruins the feel of the screen' but I'd much rather be safe in the knowledge that it won't get scratched if anything is scraped along it.

They're not cheap and once the screen's knackered, that's it... Unless you replace the screen, although I imagine that's not cheap either.

KG

freddy425

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2010
Southeast USA
PowerSupport are the best screen protectors.

I have used the PowerSupport Screen protectors for my 1st gen iPhone and when I got my 3GS last summer I put one on that as well, I barely remember its on their and provides just a little more protection and it doesn't bother me when I use it.

When I get my iPad I will put a PowerSupport screen protector on that is well.

just my $.02:D

Pared

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
I was a Power Support fan as well... until I tried SGP's protectors.

They are slightly better than PS'. If you like PS', don't be afraid to buy an SGP. If you search the iPhone forum you will see others saying similarly.

Plus, they are ready to ship right now. No need to wait. Ordered this morning and it already shipped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.