Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nimbusx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Hi There,

Short version:

1: I have a Dutch (born and raised), Canadian (citizen since 2010) and a US account (where else do I download my iPad apps?)

2: Dutch account is linked to Dutch credit card. Canadian and US are iTunes cards.

3: Every time I want to switch accounts/stores to check the availability in other store(s) my iTunes crashes. I get a nice pop-up window telling me it crashed and asks me if I want to reopen.

I've tried everything:

1: completely removed iTunes incl plist files

2: Log out my account, quit iTunes, open iTunes, change the 'flag/country' and log in with the correct iTunes account... crash

3: Keep logged in and change the 'flag/country'... crash...

4: unplug my iPhone and iPad before I did all this...

No success

Tried iTunes support by mail. Telling me I should pay for support.

Tried Apple Store in Vancouver: "Add a second account and switch accounts when I want to change stores.... but he also told me that iTunes is kinda buggy when it comes to multiple stores."

Anybody same issue and/or solution?

Greetings,

Roland

nicepixels

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2008
Switching Stores on the iPad does not stick

My experience isn't as dramatic (no crashes) but just as annoying.

I have two different country store accounts and switching accounts via Settings>Store>Sign Out>Sign In etc on the iPad appears to work (I get signed in to the other account) but when I try to update/purchase an app, there are errors that seem to indicate that I have not really switched stores after all.

The only solution is to switch accounts on my Mac and do all the necessary updating/puchasing of apps there, then sync with the iPad.

Empathy or solutions please?

adrianVC

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2012
Same annoying issue

I have the same Issue: two store accounts (from two different countries) and every time I try to switch accounts it freezes. I "force-quit" itunes, and when I restart it, still frozen. I have to completely reboot my computer to be able to use it again. Any solutions or recommendations to solve this? anyone? please???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.