PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen, Scotland

xROBERTxDAVISx
Apr 11, 2010, 07:51 PM
Is anyone on this forums going to go to the Aberdeen Union square apple store launch??

ordan77
Apr 14, 2010, 04:21 AM
Is anyone on this forums going to go to the Aberdeen Union square apple store launch??

Yup, I'll be there. Good thing about Union Square is that the centre is open from 0500 for access to the Railway Station - not that I expect to have to be there that early!

xROBERTxDAVISx
Apr 14, 2010, 06:28 AM
Yup, I'll be there. Good thing about Union Square is that the centre is open from 0500 for access to the Railway Station - not that I expect to have to be there that early!

Cheers about the time. The apple store said they thought the centre's doors was open 24/7, So guess its 5am then, I was going to go for 3am. I know its early but The night before it I will be like a kid at xmas eve anyway so I wont need sleep but I guess it will be 5am I go unless I phone union square and ask or if they are letting people in early or I might go wait outside the main door for them to open it :D .

dino26
Apr 14, 2010, 06:42 AM
You guys got it good , i will be standing outside on Buchannan st and no doubt it will probally be pishing it down knowing my luck

ordan77
Apr 14, 2010, 06:48 AM
You guys got it good , i will be standing outside on Buchannan st and no doubt it will probally be pishing it down knowing my luck

Aye - if the iPad had been out 6 months ago, we would have been joining you, our Apple Store only opened a few months back...

ordan77
May 10, 2010, 07:31 AM
Well, I changed my mind... When pre-orders opened and I saw there was no option to reserve for store pickup I just ordered a 32GB WiFi for delivery instead... Now, off to book the day off work so I can wait eagerly by my front door!

xROBERTxDAVISx
May 12, 2010, 02:31 PM
Be careful , it may not be shipped until the 28th or even worse june 7th now. also i dont think they will be doing any store opening things anyway since all new pre orders been pushed back to 7th june shipping date.

ordan77
May 12, 2010, 02:50 PM
Aye, I've seen the threads about the rumoured delay - happy to wait and see what happens though. I got my order in very early (shows as 1203 AM GMT), and it still shows on the store as "Delivers by May 28th" - so I'm hopeful that all is still OK for delivery on the Friday...

Saladinos
May 12, 2010, 09:32 PM
Be careful , it may not be shipped until the 28th or even worse june 7th now. also i dont think they will be doing any store opening things anyway since all new pre orders been pushed back to 7th june shipping date.

shouldn't be a problem mate - the online store has sold out, but retail stores have their own stock (and lots of it, from what I've been hearing!).

gcar
May 24, 2010, 04:28 AM
hey guys, just off the phone with apple at union square - centre will definitely be open from 6am for queues to avoid people standing out in the cold.:)

ordan77
May 24, 2010, 04:35 AM
hey guys, just off the phone with apple at union square - centre will definitely be open from 6am for queues to avoid people standing out in the cold.:)

I might pop down later on after my iPad and case is delivered and see if there are any other accessories available in-store - but I'll be camping out by my front door until the UPS truck has been, both iPad and case were despatched on Saturday :D

gcar
May 24, 2010, 01:46 PM
What time are you guys heading down in the morning?

aberdeenandy
May 26, 2010, 04:42 PM
I'll be there for about 0545, pre-ordered one for my fiancée on 10th which is due for delivery Friday, decided I want one myself now so hopefully get in early then get home to wait for delivery of the other.

Was in the store today and the staff said the centre opens at 0630, they didn't know which doors they'd open first though, which side are you guys going to queue if the doors are shut? Car park side or the front entrance?

Andy

gcar
May 27, 2010, 03:16 AM
Im planning to get there around 7 ish so doors should all be open by then - with any luck most folk will have pre-ordered online and not queuing...

aberdeenandy
May 27, 2010, 11:38 AM
Spoke to the Apple Store Manager today and he said Union Square will be opening the back doors (by the car park) first at 0600, he also said there was plenty of stock.

On a side note, my other ipad I pre-ordered was delivered today but I wasn't in :mad: Hopefully go pick it up tomorrow after queuing for a second one at the Apple Store!

Maybe see you there in the morning,

Andy