PDA

View Full Version : Recording on EyeTV and watching on AppleTV

bmullemeister
Apr 12, 2010, 02:12 AM
I finally decided to buy the AppleTV and it took me a while to find out all the things you can do.
I have EyeTV on my Imac and was recording some shows and then burning on DVD;s so I could watch them on my new beautiful Sony Bravia Internet TV
I ten found out you van open the save file from EyeTV and just open the package contents and select the m4v file which happily goes into iTunes and then synced to AppleTV

Hope this helps for other AppleTV users

Bert

fpnc
Apr 12, 2010, 05:32 AM
That's okay as long as the file that is recorded and saved by EyeTV is in a format that is compatible with the Apple TV (that will depend upon the specific EyeTV hardware and whether you are recording an analog or digital TV source and whether the digital source is SD or HD). In any case, the EyeTV software allows for such conversions as you can explicitly select to have a saved recording converted to an Apple TV (or iPod) compatible file that will then be automatically exported to iTunes when the encoding is completed (you don't even need to open the EyeTV package). EyeTV also offers an export option for Apple TV, iPhone, and iPod compatible files.