PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow, Scotland

dino26
Apr 12, 2010, 02:33 PM
Is anyone on this forums going to go to the Buchannan St store in Glasgow for the launch.

I wonder how the queue will form since you gotta go up a set of stairs maybe the store will sort it out outside with a few tension barriers outside for reservations and people who didnt reserve.

http://www.scottishcinemas.org.uk/apple/glasgow3.jpg

dino26
Apr 14, 2010, 06:45 AM
Anyone know if the store would open early for launch of a new product or is it still gonna be 10am

.Andy
Apr 14, 2010, 06:48 AM
I can't help you re: your enquiries but where's that picture from? It's not from the Buchannan street side is it :confused:? I don't recognise it.

Edit: clicked through to some pics. Recognise it now. It looked different in that pic without the view through the windows :)

p.s. I would love to be in Glasgow for the launch. Absolutely love the place and am keen to return to live there for a while.

Peter Harrison
Apr 14, 2010, 06:49 AM
I'm hoping to preorder and have it delivered. But if there aren't any preorders, I may consider coming along to the Store.

Dingo Dave 69
Apr 14, 2010, 06:54 AM
I will be there! Assuming they release the thing in the UK soon and I don't cave and buy via ebay.

I have been there for iphone launches, they have the queue outside the shop and allow so many people in at a time. Do you think the ipad will be that popular to warrant that though?

dino26
Apr 14, 2010, 07:29 AM
I'm hoping to preorder and have it delivered. But if there aren't any preorders, I may consider coming along to the Store.

Yeah but there will be more of a buzz at the store

dino26
Apr 15, 2010, 03:52 AM
I can't help you re: your enquiries but where's that picture from? It's not from the Buchannan street side is it :confused:? I don't recognise it.

Edit: clicked through to some pics. Recognise it now. It looked different in that pic without the view through the windows :)

p.s. I would love to be in Glasgow for the launch. Absolutely love the place and am keen to return to live there for a while.

Yeah its a cool looking store i think this pic was taken when it was getting done up.

JonnyIreland
Apr 15, 2010, 07:42 AM
I love that Store. I'm from Ireland but I bought a 'Product Red' 2g Shuffle in there once -saw my first ever MB Air there too. Those worked out good :p lol

dino26
Apr 15, 2010, 12:21 PM
I love that Store. I'm from Ireland but I bought a 'Product Red' 2g Shuffle in there once -saw my first ever MB Air there too. Those worked out good :p lol

A shuffle ! , take it your the running type :p .

Yeah the store is pretty shweet the spiral staircase going upstairs is cool.

The Samurai
May 9, 2010, 08:36 PM
'monnnn the Scots

dino26
May 10, 2010, 03:58 PM
Yes indeed samurai .

Ipad faithful im afraid i wont be there on launch day anymore and will probally be getting a ipad a bit later maybe a month or 2 later :(

Jobs you screwed me on the price haha ;)

iWannaBeAdored
May 11, 2010, 12:59 PM
'monnnn the Scots

Oh hello iGlaswegian!

raymondkerr
May 11, 2010, 01:26 PM
Was planning on going in to Glasgow for the launch, but when I called Apple yesterday to pre-order, I was told the only option was shipping, they aren't offering collections from store on the day.

I took the day off work, so I'm a little disappointed now, that I have to wait in for Mr UPS instead of being at the store.

Roll on the 28th.

Raymond

afd
May 13, 2010, 08:45 AM
Just realised today that the 28th is a school holiday:) So hope it arrives early.

iWannaBeAdored
May 16, 2010, 12:16 PM
Just realised today that the 28th is a school holiday:) So hope it arrives early.

I have an exam on the 28th? lol

SCOTTGAZ9
May 16, 2010, 02:58 PM
A shuffle ! , take it your the running type :p .

Yeah the store is pretty shweet the spiral staircase going upstairs is cool.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/SCOTTGAZ9/3836619991_d093e9af2b.jpg

afd
May 16, 2010, 05:17 PM
I probably had one on the 28th 25 years or so ago....

stu212
May 17, 2010, 08:59 AM
I'll be going to get mine at the store! hope there isnt that big of a queue.

ScottishDuck
May 17, 2010, 12:44 PM
I'll be going if I can gather the required funds :(

Rankrotten
May 23, 2010, 03:45 PM
Was going to walk down and wait at the Buchanan Street store on 28th but will probably leave it a month and pick one up on hols in San Francisco and save a bit of cash in the process.

redgaz26
May 27, 2010, 03:16 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I'll be there just after 7am tomorrow !!!
They were putting out the barriers today but I doubt the queue will be massive!!!!!!

sneeks
May 27, 2010, 05:02 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

They were putting out the barriers today but I doubt the queue will be massive!!!!!!

I'll be there with you.

redgaz26
May 27, 2010, 05:34 PM

I'll be there with you.

Bring your credit card!!!

afd
May 28, 2010, 01:00 AM
Anyone there yet?

C225
May 28, 2010, 01:04 AM
Anyone there yet?

Yes, reasobable number here

sneeks
May 28, 2010, 01:09 AM
http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss261/sneekylaw/a0f6a35d.jpg

afd
May 28, 2010, 01:26 AM
That is quite a few. One more shortly…

colmaclean
May 28, 2010, 02:05 AM
Just walked past there on my way to work. Had an urge to get my pre-order out of my bag, but resisted... :D

The queue was round the block and some Starbucks employees were helping relieve the iPad wanters of any spare cash...

One question for any 3G purchasers - are they selling SIMs from all vendors (including 3)?

stu212
May 28, 2010, 03:28 AM
Third in the queue from last night! got my iPad! you can see me in the photo! Got a free tshirt and free blanket! such a good wait.

The Samurai
May 28, 2010, 03:32 AM
Anyone know what stock levels are approx like? Want to go in a wee bit to pick up a 3G 16GB one, couldnt be arsed getting up at 6... snooze button got the better of me lol

sneeks
May 28, 2010, 03:45 AM
Do we know what time the first person in the queue arrived at?

stu212
May 28, 2010, 04:21 AM
Yeah alan arrived at 18:40

sneeks
May 28, 2010, 04:27 AM
Yeah alan arrived at 18:40

Bloody hell that's a long wait, we arrived at 7.10am and easily got into the store :D

WeegieMac
May 28, 2010, 04:57 AM
Anyone know what stock levels are approx like? Want to go in a wee bit to pick up a 3G 16GB one, couldnt be arsed getting up at 6... snooze button got the better of me lol

Mate, I'd really love to know what you do for a living to afford all the latest Apple gear on launch day, every single time. :D

Whatever it is, I'm either in the wrong job or I need to become a student again!

Damn you married life. :(

Edit: Loved the iPad connection kit unboxing ... "So much fur being green, eh"!?

joe8232
May 28, 2010, 09:16 AM
Anyone know what the stock situation is going to be like tomorrow? I have to travel about 2 hours to get to Buchanan street so would really like to know if they are going to have any ipads left in stock before leaving! I tried calling but they don't have an option to check stock :-(

The Samurai
May 28, 2010, 11:56 AM
Mate, I'd really love to know what you do for a living to afford all the latest Apple gear on launch day, every single time. :D

Whatever it is, I'm either in the wrong job or I need to become a student again!

Damn you married life. :(

Edit: Loved the iPad connection kit unboxing ... "So much fur being green, eh"!?

I am Steve Jobs.

Only if dreams could come true lol.

Thanks ;)

Anyone know what the stock situation is going to be like tomorrow? I have to travel about 2 hours to get to Buchanan street so would really like to know if they are going to have any ipads left in stock before leaving! I tried calling but they don't have an option to check stock :-(

I went in today and it was chaotic. It was approx 1pm. Absolutely mobbed. Apple were selling them like if it was sweets lol. No kidding. I bagged the last 16GB 3G model, literally - 3 seconds after the sales guy bagged it, another came to look for it and my sales guy was like "that them out of stock, even in the back room". Unless they get deliveries in on a Saturday, you may be in luck for the 16GB 3G one. Not sure about other models but they were stacked up in piles all around but werent lasting that long either.

In terms of accessories - they had tons and tons of them. Dock connections, keyboard, camera connection kit, bookarc and griffin stands and a few others. Wouldnt worry about the accessories, seemed they had plenty!

I would call in before going, but they aint taking reservations either (so im told).

joe8232
May 28, 2010, 12:46 PM
I went in today and it was chaotic. It was approx 1pm. Absolutely mobbed. Apple were selling them like if it was sweets lol. No kidding. I bagged the last 16GB 3G model, literally - 3 seconds after the sales guy bagged it, another came to look for it and my sales guy was like "that them out of stock, even in the back room". Unless they get deliveries in on a Saturday, you may be in luck for the 16GB 3G one. Not sure about other models but they were stacked up in piles all around but werent lasting that long either.

I would call in before going, but they aint taking reservations either (so im told).[/QUOTE]

Wow I didn't think it would be that popular! I'm hoping to either grab a 32gig wifi or 32gig wifi+3g so hopefully they won't be as popular!!

Does anyone know if they are likely to get shipments in overnight as tomorrow is saturday and monday is a bank holiday :( I did try ringing but there wasn't really an option to actually speak to anyone!

Enjoy your iPad!!