Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whywon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
I recently upgraded from a 1g Touch to a 3g touch. Will my old 1g Griffin brand wall charger work for the new 3g? I have already charged it once with it but I worry that it doesn't have the right amount of power output or something like people sometimes talk about. Thanx

whywon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
It definetly is USB. I was just worried that the 1g and 3g took different volts or something. It charges just fine. I just worry about the long run and battery life.

Penguissimo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2009
Michigan
It definetly is USB. I was just worried that the 1g and 3g took different volts or something. It charges just fine. I just worry about the long run and battery life.

Oops, I missed that you'd already used it. Yeah, if it worked once, you're fine. No reason to worry about impact on long-term battery life.

The only minor issue you could hit is that it might charge more slowly than an Apple-branded charger, but that's just a matter of the amperage the charger puts out. And that would have been true with your old iPod too. It won't hurt anything.

bthockey

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2010
Yeah, it will work. The same power adapters and chargers work for every Apple mobile device. iPhone, iPod, and iPad.

whywon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
Thanx guys. I have relief now. Lol, I've been doing all of this with my new iPod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.