PDA

View Full Version : Highcross, Leicester

iWoz
Apr 13, 2010, 04:40 PM
Anyone gonna be here on launch day?

Bungleaio
Apr 15, 2010, 06:10 AM
I might or I might order it through the website and get 4% back through quidco.

I was there on launch day of snow leopard and it was a bizzare experiance.

iWoz
Apr 16, 2010, 06:34 AM
I might or I might order it through the website and get 4% back through quidco.

I was there on launch day of snow leopard and it was a bizzare experiance.

I've purchased mine through a friend coming back from the U.S on the 27th so I'll no longer be waiting for UK launch, Have fun and hope you get your iPad sooner rather than later :D

Buzzsaw
May 2, 2010, 10:42 AM
Can't decide whether to buy one or not...more than likely will be tempted though!

Depending on when the UK launch day is, and if i'm not busy at uni, I might well head along to Highcross for a purchase! :D

thechungster
May 4, 2010, 03:06 PM
Depending on what day it is, I'll be lining up in the morning at the Apple Store. Since it's late May, I am either hoping for half term or a Saturday.

maths2k
May 5, 2010, 03:47 PM
Depending on what day it is, I'll be lining up in the morning at the Apple Store. Since it's late May, I am either hoping for half term or a Saturday.

Same.

As long as the price is also not 'Unbelievable' in the expensive way.

I am likely to be off work so I will look to reserve/preorder and pickup in the morning.

thechungster
May 5, 2010, 04:35 PM
Same.

As long as the price is also not 'Unbelievable' in the expensive way.

I am likely to be off work so I will look to reserve/preorder and pickup in the morning.

Same. I personally think prices will start at 400. Also nice to meet a local ;D

maths2k
May 6, 2010, 12:03 PM
Same. I personally think prices will start at 400. Also nice to meet a local ;D

Heres hoping. I'm after the 64gb wifi if it comes in around the 550 to 600.

What time are people turning up?

Its nice to know that there will be other people there!

Buzzsaw
May 6, 2010, 12:41 PM
What time are people turning up?

Its nice to know that there will be other people there!

As long as i'm free, i'll be there for the time it launches!

I can't imagine there'll be massive queues like in the US stores, but who knows! :p

Bungleaio
May 6, 2010, 02:37 PM
I was there for the store opening when snow leopard was released, I happened to be free at that time, I wasn't desperate to get it. I was surprised that there was about 25 people there then.

I have now bought one one ebay so I won't be there for the iPad launch but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a decent que.

iWoz
May 7, 2010, 12:58 AM
I would of loved to been there for the launch, but couldn't handle the delay.

Managed to get my iPad 64gb Wifi + Apple Dock for 525 and that included International delivery with Fedex and only took 2 days to arrive which personally I thought was a deal not to miss.

I predict UK pricing to be

399 - 16gb
499 - 32gb
599 - 64gb

Not long to find out now anyway, 3 days?

thechungster
May 7, 2010, 10:02 AM
Well prices are up and the release date is the Friday 28th May :3 Don't think I'll be able be at the Apple Store in the early morning for the iPad and will probably go after school. (Get to town at about 3:40)

Buzzsaw
May 7, 2010, 10:24 AM
I've got an exam on the morning of the 28th which sucks! :(

Glad they've set the pricing out, too.

maths2k
May 7, 2010, 01:11 PM
I can't make the 28th release due to work.

Will order the 32gb wifi only and have it delivered. I assume it arrives on the 28th if you do that. Will we be able to order cases, etc, for the 28th?

The only way I can get one in the morning is if it opens at a really early time.

punitnaker
May 8, 2010, 07:18 PM
I'm going to be there to get my 32GB (or 64GB) Wifi, but I wonder when the Highcross actually opens to let you queue?

Anyone else going to be there?

thechungster
May 9, 2010, 04:42 AM
I'm going to be there to get my 32GB (or 64GB) Wifi, but I wonder when the Highcross actually opens to let you queue?

Anyone else going to be there?

Well all I know is that the Highcross itself opens at 9:30AM on a weekday, but I don't know if that's when the doors open or when all the shops open. So I'm not sure if you can line up like at 9 waiting for the Apple Store to open.

I think I might buy it online since there's a slight chance that if I want to reserve one and pick it up at the Apple Store, I need to pay by card and I don't have a card, only cash. :3

punitnaker
May 26, 2010, 10:50 AM
I spoke to the Manager at the store who confirmed with Highcross security while I was there and confirmed that if you want to queue up before 8am, then you have to get to the main front entrance outside of Next.

I'm planning to get there at 6. I think most hardcore fans (willing to queue up that early) would have pre-ordered as there was no In-store Reservation.

Is anyone else going to the Highcross Apple Store on Friday? If so, what time?

CM75
May 26, 2010, 02:05 PM
I spoke to the Manager at the store who confirmed with Highcross security while I was there and confirmed that if you want to queue up before 8am, then you have to get to the main front entrance outside of Next.

I'm planning to get there at 6. I think most hardcore fans (willing to queue up that early) would have pre-ordered as there was no In-store Reservation.

Is anyone else going to the Highcross Apple Store on Friday? If so, what time?

Does that mean that the Apple Store and the Highcross Centre both open at 8 am on Friday? Usually, opening times for both are from 9:30 am.

I might be going, but definitely not before 8 am. If I'm too late I'll get one a bit later, it's not THAT urgent :)

CM

punitnaker
May 26, 2010, 04:36 PM
Does that mean that the Apple Store and the Highcross Centre both open at 8 am on Friday? Usually, opening times for both are from 9:30 am.

I might be going, but definitely not before 8 am. If I'm too late I'll get one a bit later, it's not THAT urgent :)

CM

They're both open at 8am. Its one of those things where I know its not urgent/important but I just enjoy the queues! Its like waiting in line at a theme park, just gets you excited for the ride :cool:

When it comes to things like this, I'm just a big kid!

CM75
May 27, 2010, 05:21 AM
They're both open at 8am. Its one of those things where I know its not urgent/important but I just enjoy the queues! Its like waiting in line at a theme park, just gets you excited for the ride :cool:

When it comes to things like this, I'm just a big kid!

Understandably.

My problem now probably is that I'd have to use the car park and this only opens at 8 am as well... Maybe I just try to be there at 8 am and see if I'm lucky.

CM

santacruze72
May 27, 2010, 05:45 AM
Understandably.

My problem now probably is that I'd have to use the car park and this only opens at 8 am as well... Maybe I just try to be there at 8 am and see if I'm lucky.

CM

Ooopss thought the car parks are 24hrs... hmmmm... I am sure I will find somewhere to park would like to get there early... :)

Another big kid wanting a new toy :o

punitnaker
May 27, 2010, 10:47 AM
Understandably.

CM

The John Lewis car park (the one opposite the Highcross) is open 24 hours!

johnrs
May 27, 2010, 11:41 PM
Morning, I am coming down from Nottingham this morning.

Is there anyone queuing outside there now??

punitnaker
May 27, 2010, 11:46 PM

I'll be there in about 15/20 minutes! I'll let you know

johnrs
May 27, 2010, 11:50 PM
I will be setting off shortly. Glad I am not the only one that's mad enough to get down early..

Be interesting to know if there are many people there

xSPRINTERx
May 28, 2010, 12:50 AM
are the q's massive ??

punitnaker
May 28, 2010, 03:02 AM
are the q's massive ??

I got there at 6 and I was about 15th in the queue. I was in and out by 8.30! I now have a shiny new iPad 64GB Wifi which is syncing up right now.

There was about 80-100 people there.

Frkstyle
May 28, 2010, 06:01 AM

I went from nottingham as well this morning...finally queued on 4th.

xSPRINTERx
May 28, 2010, 10:05 AM
I got there at 6 and I was about 15th in the queue. I was in and out by 8.30! I now have a shiny new iPad 64GB Wifi which is syncing up right now.

Thanks!
I got into the q at 7. Got into the store at 8:30 and got my iPad (16gb 3G)
Typing this on it now.

CM75
May 28, 2010, 12:22 PM
Didn't make it today. Does anybody know if they are sold out in Leicester?

CM

xSPRINTERx
May 28, 2010, 12:41 PM
Didn't make it today. Does anybody know if they are sold out in Leicester?

CM

I would expect so I'm afraid. They had a lot of them all stacked up at the back of the shop when I got served I would guess they had about 200 left. I think people in the line would have left without one. The American dude (apple employee with a bad foot (he kept telling everyone he had a bad foot)) was telling us that they would have to start telling people what they had left.

CM75
May 28, 2010, 03:01 PM
I would expect so I'm afraid. They had a lot of them all stacked up at the back of the shop when I got served I would guess they had about 200 left. I think people in the line would have left without one. The American dude (apple employee with a bad foot (he kept telling everyone he had a bad foot)) was telling us that they would have to start telling people what they had left.

I just went to PC World in Fosse Park. Store was very quiet and they still have plenty in stock. So I got an iPad within a few minutes. I've asked how many they've sold today, about 120 so far.

So it wasn't much of an "event", but I didn't have to wait, and that was quite nice... :cool:

Let's unbox it now! :)

Enjoy your new toys!

CM

frenchie0101
May 28, 2010, 03:01 PM

i think you was rite next to me then!!! totally loving it not put it down all day

xSPRINTERx
May 28, 2010, 03:26 PM
I just went to PC World in Fosse Park. Store was very quiet and they still have plenty in stock. So I got an iPad within a few minutes. I've asked how many they've sold today, about 120 so far.

So it wasn't much of an "event", but I didn't have to wait, and that was quite nice... :cool:

Let's unbox it now! :)

Enjoy your new toys!

CM

Nice one. I love it. Enjoy

punitnaker
May 29, 2010, 05:19 AM
i think you was rite next to me then!!! totally loving it not put it down all day

I was the Indian guy with his wife, I spoke to pretty much everyone around me! Did I talk to you?

Bungleaio
May 30, 2010, 02:59 AM
I called in fosse park pc world about 9.30 there was only a couple of people there and the fella said all were in stock which I was surprised about, I only wanted the apple case but they were all sold out, I did pick up a belkin screen protector though

frenchie0101
May 30, 2010, 02:27 PM
I was the Indian guy with his wife, I spoke to pretty much everyone around me! Did I talk to you?

Yeah i was just in front i spoke to you in the car park when we had them!

xSPRINTERx
May 30, 2010, 04:45 PM
So how are you finding the iPad ??

Personally I love it. Signed up with 3. Coverage in Leicester is great. At my dad's I get a faster speed on 3 than he does

frenchie0101
May 30, 2010, 05:46 PM
Stupidly addictive, i just cannot put it down, spent god knows how much in the app and book store!!!! I got the wired mag that's impressive and a good indication how good magazines are to be when more come out

xSPRINTERx
May 31, 2010, 02:00 PM
Stupidly addictive, i just cannot put it down, spent god knows how much in the app and book store!!!! I got the wired mag that's impressive and a good indication how good magazines are to be when more come out

I'm in the same boat. Not paid for any books yet. Downloaded loads of books I always wanted to read (currently reading Dracula) I have 2 books on the go for the kids as well (Alice in wonderland & Winne the pooh).

Downloaded a fair few apps. Angry birds and everybodys golf are good. Loads of free ones just to try this bad boy out. I have download iWork, I can see that benign really useful.

I have not tried any of the mag's as yet, I know I'll get suckered in and end up spending even more money.

Typing on the is much better than I thought it would be.