Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
The blog is in my signature.

Other then quality posts over quanity.

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
Keep to a regular update schedule. You could post many times a day, once a day, once a week, whatever. People will adjust. My favorite webcomic updates every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and so I make it a part of my routine to check it out on those days.

If you stop writing, people will stop reading after a few visits to your blog and realizing there's nothing new.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
1. No focus (everything you think is fine -- for a celebrity)
2. No images (wall of text = hurts)
3. No sources / background info
4. Quality of posts: is it entertaining?

And you just started the site 4 days ago. Jeez, wait 6 months and see whether people stick around or not.

H00513R

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2010
Indiana
Keep to a regular update schedule. You could post many times a day, once a day, once a week, whatever. People will adjust. My favorite webcomic updates every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and so I make it a part of my routine to check it out on those days.

Penny Arcade? :)

definitive

macrumors 68020
Aug 4, 2008
consider getting a more eye catching theme. also check to make sure you've got your seo in check so that more people can reach your site through search engines such as google, bling and yahoo. trackback links also helps a ton for your site to stay at the top of search results to bring in new readers.

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
Originally Posted by H00513R
Penny Arcade?
smile.gif
No, xkcd :D

To all:

There is a lesson in this! One user guessed "Penny Arcade" and turns out the actual blog site is "xkcd". You tell me which one is easier to remember, has better marketing potential (hypothetically if both names were available) and might appeal to a wider audience? Penny Arcade is much more memorable a name, regardless of actual content (which is not the issue) than "xkcd" although I am sure it's a wonderful site. Just, well, not a smart name for the kind of site this OP is talking about. Context matters!

The name of your blog is just as important as anything else if you're objective is to appeal to the masses!

-jim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.