PDA

View Full Version : Belfast, NI -Victoria Square

JonnyIreland
Apr 14, 2010, 02:16 AM
I haven't seen a thread for our beloved Irish store yet, so thought I should start one..... I know a few of us have already mentioned having a meetup in the 'UK News' thread, so now we have our own thread.

I'm sure lots of people, north and south, plan on going to this store on launch day -whenever we find out what day that is, of course :confused:
(Sorry, i'm still reeling from yesterday's disappointment -MacBook Pro updates but no iPad UK news!)

Register your intentions here....
Hope to meet some of you there!

AnDi86
Apr 14, 2010, 02:24 AM
I shall hopefully be there! I have the Saturday the 24th the day the rumours suggested originally booked off work!

Fingers crossed for some UK news today!

PhantomZone
Apr 14, 2010, 02:43 AM
Since I've been so impatient and ordered one online I'll have to forgo the high fives with apple staff <shudder>, laughing at super nerds, costa coffee and the 'about to get mugged' feeling down in the car park :p

JonnyIreland
Apr 14, 2010, 02:55 AM
Since I've been so impatient and ordered one online I'll have to forgo the high fives with apple staff <shudder>, laughing at super nerds, costa coffee and the 'about to get mugged' feeling down in the car park :p

You're gonna miss out.. laughing at super nerds is the BEST part! :eek:

FlexPen76
Apr 14, 2010, 05:14 AM
I'll be there; even though-

1 - My wife already has a 16Gb a relative brought back from a trip to the US last week. I wasn't interested in the iPad until I seen that one - now I want it!

2 - I might be going to the US in early May as part of a work thing, and as Apple haven't released a pricing structure yet (come on, seriously whats the holdup?) it's likely to be cheaper over there.

I'll be there anywhere just for the "atmos" - eugh, I feel dirty now!

PearlJam
Apr 15, 2010, 06:27 PM
A workmate was supposed to travel to New York on Thursday and whilst there pick up a 32GB for my good self. He obviously didn't get there thanks to the ash but is due to leave on Saturday instead.

If there are none in stock when he's over I think there's a good chance I'll be taking a scoot up to The Shaft on launch day. So long as the prices aren't ridiculous of course.

I wonder if we'll be able to reserve for store pick up.

-Ryan-
Apr 24, 2010, 05:38 PM
I'll be there to get myself a case of some sort and a dock (haven't decided on keyboard or normal yet).

JonnyIreland
May 5, 2010, 07:03 AM
This is nothing more than a shameless bump.

Depending on how the preordering works on Monday, I still plan to pick up a 16gb or 32gb 3G model.

AnDi86
May 9, 2010, 04:41 AM
i know this is probably a bit early but what time are you all thinking of heading down at to start the queuing?

AnDi86
May 10, 2010, 03:08 PM
I shan't be attended as we couldn't pre-order for store pickup, so I shall be sitting at home waiting for the delivery!

JonnyIreland
May 10, 2010, 03:10 PM
I shan't be attended as we couldn't pre-order for store pickup, so I shall be sitting at home waiting for the delivery!

Same for me, and I started the bloody thread! :eek:

AnDi86
May 10, 2010, 03:41 PM
Same for me, and I started the bloody thread! :eek:

At least we will be warm! :o

PearlJam
May 30, 2010, 06:18 PM
So what was the turnout like? I didn't go in the end as my (pre)order arrived the day before release.

Zcott
May 30, 2010, 08:51 PM
Not sure how the morning went but I went down around midday and the place was jammed. Still plenty in stock despite massive sales.

Caolan96
Jun 8, 2010, 04:44 PM
I was there at about 6 in the morning, there were about 16 of us true fanboys there, freezing our asses off :p

by 8 there was at least a hundred people there, and by the time i got out of the shop at 8:15 there were more.

Thats just a rough estimate of course ;]

cheers,

caolan.

Banana Pancakes
Jun 9, 2010, 11:53 AM
I was there at about 6 in the morning, there were about 16 of us true fanboys there, freezing our asses off :p

by 8 there was at least a hundred people there, and by the time i got out of the shop at 8:15 there were more.

Thats just a rough estimate of course ;]

cheers,

caolan.

6am? lightweight! I was there since 3am :p

Caolan96
Jun 13, 2010, 09:15 AM
6am? lightweight! I was there since 3am :p

hey i had to drive up form Derry which meant me getting up at 3am, so shhh :p

none of us are as hardcore as that guy who queued for 23hrs, lol.