PDA

View Full Version : Pink Floyd (Roger Waters) Announces The Wall Tour 2010/2011 !!!

tigres
Apr 14, 2010, 09:43 AM
Always dreamed of seeing this live, my dream is going to come true; regardless of the cost!!

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/index.php/news/552-roger-waters-to-tour-the-wall-in-2010-and-2011

This is something I am so looking forward to :D

H00513R
Apr 14, 2010, 10:02 AM
I saw Roger Waters a few years back and he was great! He did some PF stuff (naturally) and it sounded just as good as the recorded stuff.

pukifloyd
Apr 14, 2010, 12:34 PM
this is a great news! i always wanted to see him alive...pink floyd is the best band ever

MattG
Apr 14, 2010, 12:57 PM
Yeah but...this isn't Pink Floyd, it's Roger Waters and his band. Correct?

At least I wouldn't call it Pink Floyd without Gilmour.

MacNut
Apr 14, 2010, 01:44 PM
Yeah but...this isn't Pink Floyd, it's Roger Waters and his band. Correct?

At least I wouldn't call it Pink Floyd without Gilmour.Wasn't most of The Wall written by Waters? I doubt we will ever see Pink Floyd perform as a full band again.

RamblinWreck
Apr 14, 2010, 01:51 PM
Wasn't most of The Wall written by Waters? I doubt we will ever see Pink Floyd perform as a full band again.

Yep, most of it was by Waters.

When you listen to Waters and his band it seems like there is a lot missing. Gilmour's band sounds much more complete in my opinion. If I got the chance to see Pink Floyd and they still couldn't settle their differences, I'd rather see Gilmour.

MacNut
Apr 14, 2010, 02:01 PM

When you listen to Waters and his band it seems like there is a lot missing. Gilmour's band sounds much more complete in my opinion. If I got the chance to see Pink Floyd and they still couldn't settle their differences, I'd rather see Gilmour.Waters may have the writing talent but Gilmour has the musical talent. That might be the main reason for the split.

ucfgrad93
Apr 14, 2010, 02:06 PM
Always liked Pink Floyd, so this is good news indeed.

Peace
Apr 14, 2010, 02:06 PM
This tour will suck without the voice of David Gilmore.

pukifloyd
Apr 14, 2010, 06:35 PM
Waters may have the writing talent but Gilmour has the musical talent. That might be the main reason for the split.

This tour will suck without the voice of David Gilmore.

totally agreed...pink floyd without gilmour is like a mac with only windows :D

i would give anything to see them reunited...but now as richard wright is no more it won't be same ever...

Hrududu
Apr 14, 2010, 08:40 PM
Wasn't most of The Wall written by Waters? I doubt we will ever see Pink Floyd perform as a full band again.
Well, seeing as Rick Wright died recently there is no chance we'll see the band again. Like a few others have said, I'd MUCH rather see Gilmour. Water's voice just sounds like hell these days.

eRondeau
Apr 15, 2010, 05:15 AM
I saw the Gilmour/Mason/Wright version of Pink Floyd play their "Momentary Lapse of Reason" tour in Toronto in 1987, and just months later saw Roger Waters do "Radio KAOS" in Hamilton. So close yet so far. And now 25 years later the same thing all over again. It's such a shame these rich white musicians can't manage to get back together for a joint concert to reward the fans who have made them so wealthy over the decades.

Don't panic
Apr 15, 2010, 09:00 AM
are tickets already in sale?

Don't panic
Apr 15, 2010, 09:02 AM
Well, seeing as Rick Wright died recently there is no chance we'll see the band again. Like a few others have said, I'd MUCH rather see Gilmour. Water's voice just sounds like hell these days.

this might be right, but something is still better than nothing, and I thnk it will be a greay show, even if not 'as good as it could have'

tigres
Apr 16, 2010, 02:50 PM
this might be right, but something is still better than nothing, and I thnk it will be a greay show, even if not 'as good as it could have'

I am going to have to agree here. I am going to take this as a once in a lifetime opportunity for me.

IMO best album of all time (at least to 5) for me.:cool:

obeygiant
Apr 17, 2010, 06:10 PM
This will be epic. Also that reminds me to buy sugar cubes. 8)

Shanewilliams
Apr 19, 2010, 04:46 PM
I seen pink floyd in new orleans at the young age of 12 with my father. it was absolutely breath taking! As ive grown older ive been to numerous shows but none has topped floyd! even if you arent a pink floyd fan the show itself is absolutely amazing. i believe it was the division bell tour i seen them on, right around the time the pulse set was released. If you get a chance, GO!

harveypooka
Apr 24, 2010, 02:10 PM

When you listen to Waters and his band it seems like there is a lot missing. Gilmour's band sounds much more complete in my opinion. If I got the chance to see Pink Floyd and they still couldn't settle their differences, I'd rather see Gilmour.

Same.

The Wall is the furthest away from Dark Side of The Moon for me, so I pretty much dislike every part of it.

Mexbearpig
Apr 25, 2010, 07:03 AM
Never listened to any of his stuff except Another Brick In The Wall :o.
But maybe I'll listen to his other work more often now.

MagnusVonMagnum
Apr 26, 2010, 05:59 PM

I don't know about "no chance" given that Pink Floyd actually FIRED Wright back during The Wall the first time around. Gilmour brought him back for the Delicate Sound of Thunder tour as a mere session musician. While I believe he contributed a lot more musically than say Nick Mason (who is truly replaceable, IMO, but the only founding member left in the band), it was the Gilmour/Waters team that brought about the best Floyd music.

Even The Wall has, as David put it, his fingerprints all over it. Waters likes to give himself all the credits, but clearly he does not write music that well and all the music for Comfortably Numb and Run Like Hell was all David's work. Roger has a nack for themed material and lyrics and a certain ambient sound and effects, but music isn't his strong suit. Look at Pros and Cons. I can't even listen to it despite some great guitar work by Clapton. Although I'll admit that Amused To Death was a masterpiece, despite being wordy. It didn't hurt that it had Jeff Beck on guitar either.

It's a shame David and Roger can't patch things up, though. Whether they like each other or not, it's pretty clear to most people that they produced great music together. Neither has done as well apart, IMO with perhaps a few song exceptions (High Hopes was magnificent for example).

Frankly, there's been a shortage of material from both even combined over the past 18 years. I mean come on, after that huge fight over the name of the band, Gilmour and company made two original albums since 1987! Sheesh. Frankly, I'd rather see another solo album from Waters than a Wall tour.

kers
Apr 26, 2010, 06:22 PM
Roger Waters has never been Pink Floyd without Gilmour and I know exactly the reason why. It's very simple. David Gilmour is the only guitar player capable of creating, as I call it, the vast Dali-landscapes that Waters' and Pink Floyd's music is depending on. No other guitar player that played with Waters seems to understand the timing, the tremolo and the depth and calmness that has made Gilmour Gilmour. He plays the Long Lines, while everyone else seems to be tricking their way through David's solo's. You have to try to be so lazy and 'grounded' and heavy-weighted. They just don't seem to understand that therein lies Gilmours beautiful secret treasure.
Even Nick Mason can't cope: In the studio he's playing with a click-track to keep himself in line. During live-concerts without the click on his earphones, he's clearly the weakest link, giving Gilmour many hard times while creating his Dali-views.

MrSmith
Apr 28, 2010, 04:38 AM
I have listened to RW's stuff to death and I've listened to Pink Floyd's stuff to death, over decades. But RW doing PF I'd probably pass.

JacobCampbell
Apr 28, 2010, 07:31 PM
Great news. Sadly it will be "The Wall" tour. I much like Dark Side Of The Moon and Obscured by Clouds. Wall more commercial, IMAO

drmacnut
Apr 29, 2010, 06:57 PM
I would enjoy this concert by Waters, I am sure, as I am humbled by his lyrical excellence, especially in the old songs like Fat Old Sun.

But there is nothing like the guitar-playing of David Gilmour - and thus it would be Gilmour's concert I would much prefer. I have been collecting all of the DVDs of Pink Floyd concerts over the last 20 years, and have to say that PULSE has got to be the best concert I've ever seen of any band at any time.

If you're a Floyd fan and haven't seen PULSE, do yourself a favour and get a hold of that DVD, difficult though it may be. It's enjoyable over and over and really well done.

3 cheers for Pink Floyd - no matter what incarnation!