Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcp_ip

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2002
I'm in desperate need of some old-school AppleScript help.

I'm trying to modify the following AppleScript so that when it's triggered as a Folder Action in OS9, it not only processes the files added to it-- but it also recursively processes the files in sub-folders that have been added.

http://www.macwindows.com/convertr.html

Some background so you don't think I'm nuts for running OS9. I'm trying to move old portfolio files off of Syquest drives and on my local NAS. I have an old G3 running Mac OS 9.2.2. I can get the files without any problem... but the gigs of files I have going back to '93 is missing most of their file extensions. I'm trying to clean up all that data.

The script above works great and can identify the creator and can rewrite the filenames with proper extensions as a Folder Action, I just don't know enough about AppleScript to modify it to get it to recursively scan directories inside directories that have been added to the Folder with the action. I should also add-- it needs to be AppleScript 1.8 compatible because the Folder Action is running in 9.2.2

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.