Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Salacion

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
I didn't really care when I saw that Valve would be bringing Steam to the Mac, but then I realized, they have quite the selection of games. I'm actually quite excited about it.

Great games like Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2 and Modern Warfare 2 are on there, but above all, Unreal Tournament GOTY is there!!!

Maybe the tide is changing. Guys, I think Mac is really starting to become a gaming machine.

Rodus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Midlands, UK
The games you mentioned won't be coming to the Mac (yet). The Steam digital delivery service is, all Valve games are and any other Steam PC games that have Mac versions will, but Steam itself won't make non-Mac games mac compatible.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Maybe you should have posted this in one of the existing Steam threads?

deadwulfe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
[sarcasm]Seriously, maybe we should all start our own Steam threads to contain all of our own independent thoughts on Steam? That way I can come to this thread to discuss your thoughts and then go back to my own thread to discuss my own thoughts![/sarcasm]

NGL

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2010
Like Rodus said, the distribution service is coming to Mac, along with Valve's titles, and that's about all that's confirmed. However, if Valve is successful with the move, which I'm sure they will be, I can see other developers following their lead.

-Nick

Blair230

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2009
Near Philly
Yay another thread on steam on mac!

Yay another bunch of people complaining about multiple threads!

Hooray for Apple!

Hooray for Steam!

Hooray for complaining!

(My Doctor said I have to think positive....god I love this site!) :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.