PDA

View Full Version : Logic Studio License?

LifeCoach
Apr 14, 2010, 07:54 PM
Recently purchased a iMac i5 but unfortunately it's one of the many with issues, anyways the vendor is out of stock at the moment so it may be a week or so until I get a replacement. My question is, I am upgrading to Logic Studio from Logic Pro 7, if I install it on the current iMac will I also be able to install it on my replacement iMac? I'm unsure how this works.

Worst case scenario I may go through a few replacement iMac's till I get a good one or may have to get a refund and go for a macbook pro, I just don't want to install it and then not be able to install it on another mac later.

Hope that makes sense, any help would be amazing, thanks!

spinnerlys
Apr 14, 2010, 07:59 PM
It comes with a serial number, which you can use for as many installations as you want, it (Logic with the same serial number) just must not run on more than one machine at the same time.

LifeCoach
Apr 14, 2010, 08:04 PM
It comes with a serial number, which you can use for as many installations as you want, it (Logic with the same serial number) just must not run on more than one machine at the same time.

Thank you for the quick reply :) That's a great help. I'm upgrading from Logic Pro 7 so I assume I'll just stick my old XSkey in during the install?

deej999
Apr 15, 2010, 04:47 PM
Thank you for the quick reply :) That's a great help. I'm upgrading from Logic Pro 7 so I assume I'll just stick my old XSkey in during the install?

Yes, that should be ok. Have your L7 serial ready in case you need it. XSKey method worked good for me.

deej

LifeCoach
Apr 16, 2010, 09:04 AM
Yes, that should be ok. Have your L7 serial ready in case you need it. XSKey method worked good for me.

deej

Thanks buddy, just installing at the moment and the XSKey method worked fine :)