PDA

View Full Version : Best and easiest way to edit and mix 3 songs

skeeternj
Apr 15, 2010, 05:43 AM
Hi, I new to the audio end of things. I have always been in to photography and video.
A good friend of mine who is a triathlon race director ask me if I could mix 3 songs for him. They will be used at the start of the race, when the racers are getting ready. The songs he picked need to be cut down to 4 mins. each then put together in a 12 min. track. One of the songs I need to cut out the first 30 seconds, another I need to get the last 4 mins of a 8 min song. I have been looking for a starting a place. I'm thinking Garage Band. Any help would be great .Thanks

ChrisA
Apr 15, 2010, 11:05 AM
... I have been looking for a starting a place. I'm thinking Garage Band. Any help would be great .Thanks

You are thinking correctly. makr three audio track inside GB and place each song into a track. Move each to the correct starting time and use volume automation to control relative volume and cross fades. It's a simple project.

If you are playing this in a public space watch out for copyright. It's OK in your own home but you start doing this at a big event it becomes a "public performanceand you need to pay a small licences fee just like radio stations do.

skeeternj
Apr 16, 2010, 05:46 AM
Thanks Chris,I have told the race director of that.:)