Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjones185

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
Warner Robins,GA
Hi everyone,

I have Canon EOS 40D. I use the factory neck strap on the camera full time but would love to have a strap that's quick to remove when desired.

I've thought about modifying the factory strap with some kind of quick release but wonder if there's an aftermarket neck strap already available.

If anyone knows of one or idea's on how to make would would be great.

Thanks

Mike

Ruahrc

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
Look at the Op-tech pro strap system. They have many modular components of straps and connectors. I use them and they're great. I think I am using the "pro loop" style connector which I prefer because it has the least amount of bulk.

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
ive been using the Optech Pro Loop system for years. Works awesome. You can get them on ebay with bing cash back for like $13 shipped, but they are like only green or black. I had a black one that i sold with my XSi, and red is my favorite colour (i always end up with red, not on purpose:) ), so i got the red one. It matches the red on my lens nicely;)

gnd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
At my cat's house
I have one of those vintage straps, 60s hippie style, that comes with metal quick release lugs, something similar to this. The quick release is metallic and looks really sturdy. I love the fabric of the strap, it's soft (even on the edges) and very comfortable to use, especially in the summer when it gets really hot.

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
Should be plenty of options around, I have the Lowepro Transporter. Though I found the padding shifted too much for my liking but I am keeping it as it is still a very useful strap.

(I have the Canon hand strap on the 40D so a quick release can be quite handy)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.