PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Air Rev A runs at 156F constantly after latest mac update

iGrant
Apr 15, 2010, 06:36 PM
Hey guys,

As the title says, my Macbook Air running freaking amazingly hot ever since the latest Mac Update. Any ideas, I can't find anything in the Activity monitor that could be causing my Macbook to be running so hot.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
iGrant

timsutcliffe
Apr 16, 2010, 03:25 AM
I was having a similar issue, although mine wasn't quite that hot, but my fans were on full speed when I was doing nothing which got pretty frustrating.

Bizarrely, a restart seemed to do the trick and now all is cool again.

iGrant
Apr 16, 2010, 08:14 AM
I was having a similar issue, although mine wasn't quite that hot, but my fans were on full speed when I was doing nothing which got pretty frustrating.

Bizarrely, a restart seemed to do the trick and now all is cool again.

I had done like two "hard" restart aka holding the power button down and doing it but I did a normal reboot and it seems to have completely fixed my issue . . . go freaking figure.

Thank you so much!
iGrant

Yavanna
Apr 16, 2010, 09:50 AM
I was having heat problems too, so I reset the PRAM and that seemed to solve it. You might want to remember that in the future.

jrabbit
Apr 16, 2010, 12:00 PM
Had the same problem as the OP, but a simple reboot put things back to normal.

I don't know if they are related in any way, but I do use both CoolBookController and smcFanControl.

chewbaccacabra
Apr 16, 2010, 05:58 PM
Interesting. I havent checked the temps, but my Rev B has been running the fan so much less or slower since the update.