Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGrant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
Ridgeway
Hey guys,

As the title says, my Macbook Air running freaking amazingly hot ever since the latest Mac Update. Any ideas, I can't find anything in the Activity monitor that could be causing my Macbook to be running so hot.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
iGrant

timsutcliffe

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
I was having a similar issue, although mine wasn't quite that hot, but my fans were on full speed when I was doing nothing which got pretty frustrating.

Bizarrely, a restart seemed to do the trick and now all is cool again.

iGrant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
Ridgeway
I was having a similar issue, although mine wasn't quite that hot, but my fans were on full speed when I was doing nothing which got pretty frustrating.

Bizarrely, a restart seemed to do the trick and now all is cool again.

I had done like two "hard" restart aka holding the power button down and doing it but I did a normal reboot and it seems to have completely fixed my issue . . . go freaking figure.

Thank you so much!
iGrant

Yavanna

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2009
Florida
I was having heat problems too, so I reset the PRAM and that seemed to solve it. You might want to remember that in the future.

jrabbit

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Ditto

Had the same problem as the OP, but a simple reboot put things back to normal.

I don't know if they are related in any way, but I do use both CoolBookController and smcFanControl.

chewbaccacabra

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2008
Interesting. I havent checked the temps, but my Rev B has been running the fan so much less or slower since the update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.