PDA

View Full Version : networking HP priters

ahmadof
Sep 21, 2004, 07:07 AM
i'm looking to buy a color laser printer and the HPs look pretty good. Does anyone have any expereince using one of these in a mixed PC/ Mac setting? How easy is it to network? compatible with airport base station. also anyone have experience with their wireless printers? thanks

JFreak
Sep 21, 2004, 07:22 AM
i have an ancient hp (b&w) laserjet 2100tn which has network server installed, and it works flawlessly in both mac and pc networks, or a mixed network, either way. i also had a hp deskjet 5850 that had both ethernet and airport network servers (only one active at network possible, not both simultaneoulsy) and that too worked like a charm.

hp network printers rock! i can't use the usb connection anymore... ;)

patrick0brien
Sep 21, 2004, 06:51 PM
i'm looking to buy a color laser printer and the HPs look pretty good. Does anyone have any expereince using one of these in a mixed PC/ Mac setting? How easy is it to network? compatible with airport base station. also anyone have experience with their wireless printers? thanks

-ahmadof

Works fine with an AEBS or AEx station in the USB port. Prints for anybody who wants to use it PC or Mac. And the money you save on the non-networked HP is more than enough for a base station.