Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apatel87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Hi, I was looking into buying an iPad but as a med student cash is hard to come by at the moment. I was looking through CL and i saw that someone was selling their broken iPad for $75. Somehow, a bookcase had fallen on it and the screen is cracked and it shuts off spontaneously. Would it be worth my time to buy it and have Apple repair it? Does anyone know how much that would run me. I know that Apple replaces iPhones that have been water damaged or cracked for $200. Does anyone know if that is the case with the iPads? Thanks for the help.

thecheda

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2006
Los Angeles
fix

Hi, I was looking into buying an iPad but as a med student cash is hard to come by at the moment. I was looking through CL and i saw that someone was selling their broken iPad for $75. Somehow, a bookcase had fallen on it and the screen is cracked and it shuts off spontaneously. Would it be worth my time to buy it and have Apple repair it? Does anyone know how much that would run me. I know that Apple replaces iPhones that have been water damaged or cracked for $200. Does anyone know if that is the case with the iPads? Thanks for the help.

I believe ifixit has a tutorial on disassembling the ipad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.