PDA

View Full Version : CD/DVD Sharing Help

klaze
Apr 16, 2010, 10:05 PM
Hi, I have a white mac-book and a mac-book air and I tried to install Office 2008 through the CD/DVD sharing. Everytime I try, it keeps telling me "original disc not found" or something, but the disc is original? I'm assuming this dvd sharing sucks.

Does anyone know a way to actually install it through dvd sharing? I don't really want to buy a super drive.

Thanks in advanced!

AndyMulhearn
Apr 17, 2010, 05:29 AM
Hi, I have a white mac-book and a mac-book air and I tried to install Office 2008 through the CD/DVD sharing. Everytime I try, it keeps telling me "original disc not found" or something, but the disc is original? I'm assuming this dvd sharing sucks.

Does anyone know a way to actually install it through dvd sharing? I don't really want to buy a super drive.

Thanks in advanced!

I can't offer any suggestions on sharing but you should be able to do the install if you just copy the contents of the CD/DVD to a USB stick and run setup from there.

You can either create an ISO using disk utility and copy that then mount it on your Air or just use finder to copy all of the files on the CD/DVD to a USB stick.

Scottsdale
Apr 17, 2010, 08:17 AM
Are you trying to share the disk from the other Mac or are you using "Remote Disk" which is the right tool for the job you're attempting?

Here are two MacBook Air Remote Disk support pages at Apple.com.

http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1258&start=0

http://discussions.info.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2167924&tstart=0&messageID=10263083

Good luck...

klaze
Apr 17, 2010, 04:00 PM
I can't offer any suggestions on sharing but you should be able to do the install if you just copy the contents of the CD/DVD to a USB stick and run setup from there.

You can either create an ISO using disk utility and copy that then mount it on your Air or just use finder to copy all of the files on the CD/DVD to a USB stick.

Hey thanks for your reply, I use the finder to copy the office 2008 setup to my usb on my white macbook,

then load the usb to the macbook air and set it up there?

AndyMulhearn
Apr 17, 2010, 04:03 PM
Hey thanks for your reply, I use the finder to copy the office 2008 setup to my usb on my white macbook,

then load the usb to the macbook air and set it up there?

You'll need to copy everything on the disk to the usb stick but yes, it should work.