PDA

View Full Version : Most active members today?

wrldwzrd89
Sep 21, 2004, 04:51 PM
Is there a place on these forums that lists the top X posters today by number of posts (excluding posts that don't increase post count)?

NusuniAdmin
Sep 21, 2004, 07:00 PM
Is there a place on these forums that lists the top X posters today by number of posts (excluding posts that don't increase post count)?

U have the 68000 ranking...u tell me :p j/k

I dont know of any place like that....hopefully mudbug or another mod. will put a messege in this thread answering it....

Mudbug
Sep 21, 2004, 09:05 PM
well, if there is such a button - I don't know about it... :)

I guess the closest you could come is doing an advanced search by posts made in a certain time frame, and just look and see who's been active.

cb911
Sep 22, 2004, 06:19 AM
i don't know if such stats are a good idea. i mean the whole reason that the post counts were taken away from under users names was because people were just spamming to get their post count up.

having a 'daily top user' list might bring back such spamming. :(

if you realy want to see those stats, you could try a advanced search.

personally, i like the forums just how they are. :)

makisushi
Sep 22, 2004, 08:19 AM

I am not sure why anyone would care?

wrldwzrd89
Sep 22, 2004, 12:00 PM
Fine then. Let's not have stats to discourage spamming. I'm certainly not one to spam just to increase my post count. Those 50 posts I made yesterday - none of them were spam posts.

munkle
Sep 24, 2004, 09:45 AM
Fine then. Let's not have stats to discourage spamming. I'm certainly not one to spam just to increase my post count. Those 50 posts I made yesterday - none of them were spam posts.

50 posts in one day! :eek: That has got to be some type of record!

Mr. Anderson
Sep 24, 2004, 09:59 AM
50 posts in one day! :eek: That has got to be some type of record!

it might be a personal record, but it comes far from being the most. That goes to jelloshotsrule for a 200 in 24 hours.

As for most active posters, Dr. Q keeps six month stats on the top 50 and that's a pretty good representative of the activity. But there's nothing that you can just click on to get that. Besides, we don't need another stat that people can vie for: stats only seem to increase spamming :D

D

munkle
Sep 24, 2004, 11:07 AM
200 in 24 hours, how can you possibly post that much, what do you post about?!! :eek: :eek:

And agree with the more stats=more spam sentiment.

Mr. Anderson
Sep 24, 2004, 11:10 AM
200 in 24 hours, how can you possibly post that much, what do you post about?!! :eek: :eek:

It was several years ago in a different world as far as MacRumors goes. It was similar to an iChat log, only on quite a few threads. It also happened in the summer when he was out of school and had plenty of time. There were a few others involved but only he managed that much :D

D