PDA

View Full Version : Home Screen Zoomed up!

Julien
Apr 17, 2010, 01:38 PM
Was cleaning my screen when the Home screen zoomed up. I thought how neat didn't know you could zoom up the home screen. That was until I tried to zoom it down. It doesn't respond to pinch. I let it sleep and cut back on and it's still the same. Had to hard reset since the slid was off screen. Now it comes back on and it's still zoomed so I can't even go to any Apps since I can't get to the slid.:eek:

tdream
Apr 17, 2010, 01:42 PM
triple tap home button

Jeremy81
Apr 17, 2010, 01:50 PM
Try going to Settings>General>Accessibility and uncheck zoom.

MikeCase
Apr 17, 2010, 01:51 PM
Use three fingers to zoom around and zoom out. You can disable that in general settings then accessibility.

Julien
Apr 17, 2010, 01:53 PM
triple tap home button

That doesn't work either. Called tech support and you do a 3 finger tap on the screen (while it's on). This will zoom it up or down but pinch does nothing. Not sure why the Home screen can be zoomed up since you can't move around to use the Apps. Does anyone know what's up with this?:confused:

Julien
Apr 17, 2010, 01:55 PM
Try going to Settings>General>Accessibility and uncheck zoom.

Strange that unchecking Zoom doesn't affect zooming in Apps.

ZombiePete
Apr 17, 2010, 02:06 PM
Strange that unchecking Zoom doesn't affect zooming in Apps.

You're only turning off an Accessibility feature, like Magnifier in Windows.

Julien
Apr 17, 2010, 02:35 PM
You're only turning off an Accessibility feature, like Magnifier in Windows.

What good is a zoom up feature if you only have acsess to the center of the screen?

MikeCase
Apr 17, 2010, 02:49 PM
What good is a zoom up feature if you only have acsess to the center of the screen?

If you look at the accessibility then zoom, it gives directions on how to zoom in/out -and- around the screen

ZombiePete
Apr 17, 2010, 03:45 PM

Well I suppose any feature is only as good as the user's ability to understand how to use it properly.

Julien
Apr 17, 2010, 03:52 PM
Well I suppose any feature is only as good as the user's ability to understand how to use it properly.

Thanks for your patronizing post.:D I'm sure you an expert on all things and has never been stumped by technology a single time.

ZombiePete
Apr 17, 2010, 03:56 PM
Thanks for your patronizing post.:D I'm sure you an expert on all things and has never been stumped by technology a single time.

Not meant to be patronizing, just one of life's simple truths. I work in IT and have been stumped by things that in retrospect seemed so simple that I felt positively stupid. Happens to the best of us.