PDA

View Full Version : if upgrade my hard drive can i still register reason again?

lyons238
Apr 17, 2010, 03:35 PM
ok so i just installed reason but im upgrading my hd. will i still be able to register it again and download refills and such?

Eidorian
Apr 17, 2010, 03:37 PM
Your best bet is to clone/copy over all of your data to the new hard drive before installing it. Super Duper! (http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html) is a favorite but you can restore all of your data back using Time Machine as well.

It should save you the time and worry of downloading what you need again or using another software registration.

lyons238
Apr 17, 2010, 04:05 PM
Your best bet is to clone/copy over all of your data to the new hard drive before installing it. Super Duper! (http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html) is a favorite but you can restore all of your data back using Time Machine as well.

It should save you the time and worry of downloading what you need again or using another software registration.

yeah but i want to re install osx and start fresh...so would i still be able to re register it or would i not even have to?

ChrisA
Apr 17, 2010, 06:29 PM
yeah but i want to re install osx and start fresh.

Why? The bits don't really care how long they've been on the disk.

But even so, if yu like you can install Mac OS X from the DVD then restore all the applications and user data from time machine. I just went through that process after a disk failed

lyons238
Apr 17, 2010, 10:38 PM
Why? The bits don't really care how long they've been on the disk.

But even so, if yu like you can install Mac OS X from the DVD then restore all the applications and user data from time machine. I just went through that process after a disk failed

because some hidden folders and stuff got messed up when i was doing something and i want to install fresh. im not asking how to re install, i know how to do that, iv changed hard drives quite a few times....my question was will i be able to register reason on the new hd or will it recognize it as a diff user using someone elses reason...