PDA

View Full Version : ergonomic happiness

NewGenAdam
Apr 17, 2010, 06:20 PM
I had an Air for 2 years, but sadly it died and I replaced it with an MBP because it's a more capable machine etc etc

But now my Air's history, I'm starting to realise how wonderful it was to use, thanks to the slanted aluminium dropping to desk level. The keyboard and trackpad felt perfectly positioned, whereas the MBP demands a slightly less comfortable hand angle.

It's a subtle thing, but I think the Air is quietly comfortable

dudup
Apr 17, 2010, 06:35 PM
Totally agree! Typing on a MacBook Air is exactly like typing on a Apple Keyboard, with the added bonus of the awesome trackpad.

Scottsdale
Apr 17, 2010, 07:08 PM
As a writing instrument, I have never felt a laptop better... the MBA is the writer's ultimate companion. Every thought I have to leave the MBA for a Vaio Z quickly gets shut down when I realize it would force me to use two computers instead of one. And one MBA is all I really need. I just wish we had 4 GB of RAM, or better yet two RAM slots, and I would be completely happy for six months (until waiting for next update).

gwsat
Apr 18, 2010, 08:30 PM
As a writing instrument, I have never felt a laptop better... the MBA is the writer's ultimate companion. Every thought I have to leave the MBA for a Vaio Z quickly gets shut down when I realize it would force me to use two computers instead of one. And one MBA is all I really need. I just wish we had 4 GB of RAM, or better yet two RAM slots, and I would be completely happy for six months (until waiting for next update).
I'm a little more optimistic about how long I would keep an MBA if Apple offered one with two RAM slots. I used my Powerbook G4 for 5 years before finally replacing it with a MBP nearly 2.5 years ago. Thus, I would hope to use a suitably upgraded MBA for at least three years.

PsyD4Me
Apr 18, 2010, 08:55 PM
i agree about the height level with the desk....
my wife's new MBP is a great machine, but after a couple MBAs getting used to typing on it is annoying....