Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Becko

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
I might be able to get an iPad in the upcoming months, however I watched some videos on autodesk.com about the sketch/tablet iPad application, the SketchBook Pro...

I do apologize for my ignorance, but I have a few newbie questions about both iPad and the SketchBook Pro application.

1. The iPad doesn't appears to have a CD-drive... so how do you install the Sketchbook Pro app on it ?

2. I guess the Sketchbook Pro app software doesn't come with a digi-pen, does it ? Any good brand recommendation ?

Thanks,

cainnovacaine

macrumors regular
May 27, 2009
Chicago
I might be able to get an iPad in the upcoming months, however I watched some videos on autodesk.com about the sketch/tablet iPad application, the SketchBook Pro...

I do apologize for my ignorance, but I have a few newbie questions about both iPad and the SketchBook Pro application.

1. The iPad doesn't appears to have a CD-drive... so how do you install the Sketchbook Pro app on it ?

2. I guess the Sketchbook Pro app software doesn't come with a digi-pen, does it ? Any good brand recommendation ?

Thanks,

1. On your iPad you will see an icon called App Store. Click App Store and search for Sketchbook Pro and install it by clicking on the price that is under the icon.

2. Search Google for Pogo Stylus, that is the simplest solution for you.

Becko

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
Thanks for the info, I do have one last doubt though, the iPad's "app store" is USA-only or international ?

kevhui

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2008
I live in Hong Kong so I use the Hong Kong store. I purchased it without a problem. Maybe you can try - if it is listed in your country, then it should be OK.

zarusoba

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2006
Australia
I second the recommendation for the Pogo Sketch stylus. Just be aware that there is no pressure sensitivity the way there is on Wacom tablets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.