If you were planning...
a black-market bum
whilst on holiday in the sun,
or just a little boost to your lady lumps
after buying some crude for your pumps,
perhaps you should think again.

Police have caught two members of the 'notorious silicon gang'
operating out of homemade clinic.

"CARACAS (Reuters) - Venezuelan police have arrested a man and woman accused of impersonating plastic surgeons and providing women with silicon breast and buttock implants from an illegal clinic in an apartment.
Cosmetic surgery, especially breast enlargement, is widespread in image-conscious Venezuela, which is known for beauty queens who have won many international pageant titles.
Reinaldo Henriquez was charged with aggravated fraud while sidekick Hersi Rodriguez was accused of aiding and abetting him by recruiting clients and taking them to their surgery in the western city of Maracay, the Attorney General's office said.
Henriquez, 26, and Rodriguez, 34, are beauticians who belonged to a gang called "The Silicons" and attracted customers with rock-bottom prices, local media reported."
From Reuters (http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE63F5T020100416)

McGiord
Apr 18, 2010, 11:57 AM
anything is possible in Venezuela...:D

the vj
Apr 18, 2010, 11:08 PM
Dude, I am Venezuelan but I have seen that happening all over the US since early 90's.

People impersonating doctors specially with breast implants are such old story just because you used to need is some sort of certification and that is it.

I wish those were the biggest problems we had in Venezuela. What about 30 deaths per weekend only by crime, more then Irak, or Hugo Chavez arming kids to defend the revolution (that was just last week).

dXTC
Apr 19, 2010, 12:59 PM
Dude, I am Venezuelan but I have seen that happening all over the US since early 90's.

And still happening, especially in the transgendered community. Every now and then, there's a story on the national news about "silicon parties": desperate TG individuals getting injections of industrial-grade silicon (similar to bathroom caulk) rather than sterile surgical silicon, from other TGs untrained in proper surgical technique or from unscrupulous people trying to make a quick buck. Serious infections, chemical poisoning, disfigurement and death can happen--and does.

unid
Apr 19, 2010, 02:01 PM
yeah i've been jacking up caulk for years (plumb-lining we call it),
usually after a night on the tiles.
A little body mod never did any harm
one lump at time like

Counterfit
Apr 20, 2010, 10:57 AM
silicone

spice weasel
Apr 20, 2010, 11:17 AM
Every now and then, there's a story on the national news about "silicon parties"...

Are those out of control LAN parties? :D

dXTC
Apr 21, 2010, 10:32 AM
Are those out of control LAN parties? :D

LOL right back atcha.

Actually, they're similar to "Botox parties", in that they are usually held in someone's home rather than in a medical office or surgical setting, and a small group of people receive the treatments during the same session instead of by individual appointment.

EDIT: Thanks, Counterfit. There is indeed a difference.