Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Becko

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
Hi, I was wondering if the new line of MacBook Pro i5 / i7 are already available at Best Buy ? I was checking its webesite and is still showing the core2 old models.

Also, I'd assume both Best Buy and Apple Store share the same price for apple products ?

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Best Buy surprises me sometimes, but usually on hardware, they take anywhere from a week to six weeks to get stuff in for sale. Usually they have the floor demo units quickly, but sometimes that has taken as long as a week. They did have the iPad April 3rd, and according to someone that worked there, had a large quantity of the accessories too.

I guess the general word would be it will likely take a week or more for them to get items for sale. And yes, they sell at Apple retail price. Occasionally, they have their 'open box' units but those are rare from the experience of our local store. Oh, and they aren't generally very knowledgeable and will often try to sell people out of the Mac and into a peecee...

Becko

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
Oh great, thanks for the info, one last question though...

Where can I find the MBP 15" i7 SKU number ? tried at apple.com and no luck.

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
I hope best buy will get them soon! I've about made up my mind to buy one of the 13in mbp but would prefer to buy from best buy so I can get the accidental damage coverage! Work is heck on my current laptop so it's a must have. Is anyone familiar with it? I have it on my lg tv but have never had to use it.

tclamp07

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2008
My local best buy had all the standard config models and also had some high res antiglare.

tclamp07

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2008
i didnt think bestbuy was going to carry anti glare or high res, is that true?

Im not sure if all of the best buys are getting them. The best buy I went to is the one in cascade station in portland oregon and they had 2 15in i7's with high res antiglare.

tim100

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2009
Im not sure if all of the best buys are getting them. The best buy I went to is the one in cascade station in portland oregon and they had 2 15in i7's with high res antiglare.

The answer would be easy if they would list the new ones on their website, then you can check store stock. Why arent they on the website?

Becko

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010

wow, and I was thinking I would get stuck with a 15" i7 normal screen model... hope the Best Buy nearest from me gets the hi res antiglare model as well.

EDIT: For reference I was able to find not the SKU but the model number for the 15" i7 normal screen model which is: MC373LL/A ... such model number it's only for the normal screen model though... I'm clueless whether the 15" i7 hi-res anti-glare will have the same or a different model number.

Cheers

pukifloyd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Scottsdale
I went to best buy yesterday and they had the new ones in stock.

^ It will have a different model number. When I ordered my antiglare MBP, it had a different model Z0GG...
If you add the MBP in your cart with antiglare display in the online store, i think you'll be able to see the model number.

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2010
I hope best buy will get them soon! I've about made up my mind to buy one of the 13in mbp but would prefer to buy from best buy so I can get the accidental damage coverage! Work is heck on my current laptop so it's a must have. Is anyone familiar with it? I have it on my lg tv but have never had to use it.

That's a good idea. Does anyone know if there are any disadvantages with buying from Best Buy? Also, will they match Apple's BTS free ipod promotion?

tim100

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2009
can anyone confirm or deny if bestbuy is going to carry high res or anti-glare upgrades?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.