Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LadyHoneyBabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
I need a To Do app that also tracks projects. I was using 2DO and love it, but they don't have an iPad version yet. Does anyone use a To Do app, they like, that also tracks projects?
:confused:

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
I'm one of the disgruntled Things iPhone owners that doesn't want to pay $20 for another copy. Unfortunately the ire over the pricing is spilling over into the reviews, so I don't know if the iPad version is even worth looking into. We haven't exactly seen a lot of raves.

There's another "getting things done" to-do platform called toodledo, you might look into that. Ive been using evernote, which is free--turns out you can build todo lists within your notes.

ellenm

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2010
There is a Things knock off called Taska that costs $4.99 which supporte projects. It might be worth checking out. It also syncs with Toodledo.

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
I'm one of the disgruntled Things iPhone owners that doesn't want to pay $20 for another copy. Unfortunately the ire over the pricing is spilling over into the reviews, so I don't know if the iPad version is even worth looking into. We haven't exactly seen a lot of raves.

There's another "getting things done" to-do platform called toodledo, you might look into that. Ive been using evernote, which is free--turns out you can build todo lists within your notes.

Ditto. I'm still just waiting for my iPad 3G, but having already purchased Things for my Mac and iPhone, I'm less than thrilled to pay another $20 to have it on iPad. I doubt I'll do it, since I have my iPhone with me most of the time.

I use Evernote quite a bit. Will check out and see if I could potentially use that as well for my to-do lists.

cheekyjeremy

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2009
While I do sympathise with the people that feel annoyed about having to pay again, but the app is great. So from the point of view of what the app quality is like, it's excellent. Maybe the price will drop in time

atr

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2009
I bit the bullet and got Things for the iPad since I already had it on my Mac and my iPhone. I'm actually quite happy with the iPad version. For $20 I would much rather have OmniFocus but they don't have an iPad version yet. I'm a GTD'er and think OF works better for that, but Things seem's to be working out just fine, but it's only been a week.

I am using Things for all my work projects/tasks and OF for home. When OF comes out with an iPad specific version I will have to decide which way to go then. My guess is that it will be much more than $20 since that was the price for the iPhone version.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
2do

I need a To Do app that also tracks projects. I was using 2DO and love it, but they don't have an iPad version yet. Does anyone use a To Do app, they like, that also tracks projects?
:confused:

I like 2do as well. Good news from their web site/forum. I'm going to wait for it :) In the interim I'll continue to use Bento for to do lists on my iPad since I have it anyway.

" Is there an iPad version of 2Do in the works?
Yes there is. We don't currently have an ETA on this though.

We also don't know if this is going to be a simple update of 2Do or a whole new app. At the moment it's obvious we're writing the app from scratch so we may lean towards releasing it as a separate app (will also be easier to maintain and manage). Having said that - we just don't know anything yet :)

You will however see an iPad implementation one way or another, soon.
This question has been viewed 118 times so far.
Click Here to View all the questions in 2Do category."

Here's the URL
http://www.guidedways.com/kb/article-489.html

bluehaze013

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2007
There's a free app called school notes that look really similar to Things, not sure how much different the functionality is. I have just been using note it, its a sticky note app with 6 different bulletin boards that you can categorize and put post it's on. You can then use the bulletin boards as your homescreen or lockscreen. Works really well for what I do.

Things can go to hell for 20 dollars LOL

Edit: actually it's called stick it not note it, sorry.

Dillenger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2006
Central, Illinois
I recently switched for Omni Focus to Things and even though Things has an iPad version an OF does not that was not the main reason. Things, at least for me is much more intuitive, much less cluttered and with a cleaner look. That's not to say OF is bad by anyway, it just wasn't for me.

LadyHoneyBabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
I like 2do as well. Good news from their web site/forum. I'm going to wait for it :) In the interim I'll continue to use Bento for to do lists on my iPad since I have it anyway.

" Is there an iPad version of 2Do in the works?
Yes there is. We don't currently have an ETA on this though.

We also don't know if this is going to be a simple update of 2Do or a whole new app. At the moment it's obvious we're writing the app from scratch so we may lean towards releasing it as a separate app (will also be easier to maintain and manage). Having said that - we just don't know anything yet :)

You will however see an iPad implementation one way or another, soon.
This question has been viewed 118 times so far.
Click Here to View all the questions in 2Do category."

Here's the URL
http://www.guidedways.com/kb/article-489.html

Thanks. Nice to know they're working on the iPad version and I really hope it's released sometime soon.

sonicboom

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2006
I have things for the mac and iphone. It's a nice app but I wont be paying $20 for the ipad version though.

I would rather they make cross-platform support real cheap, and instead make their money on major functional enhancement upgrades (which don't seem to happen).

nastebu

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2008
I don't have an iPad, but I quite like Things and would pay the $20. Things isn't nearly as elaborate as OmniFocus, but I find that a good quality. There's a free trial of the desktop version, so give it a spin. If the Things system works for you, $20 for a quality app you'll use multiple times a day is a bargain.

None Such

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2006
I have Things on my iphone and loved it so I got the iPad version even thought it was a little steep. I still haven't gotten the mac version. How does it integrate if you have all three?

chrisblore

macrumors regular
May 10, 2004
Essex, UK
I have Things on my iphone and loved it so I got the iPad version even thought it was a little steep. I still haven't gotten the mac version. How does it integrate if you have all three?

Currently it works over Bonjour syncing by Wifi. If you sync one of your devices, text at the bottom of the window of Things for Mac, reminds you if one of your other devices is out of sync. It has to be said that it works pretty well, as long as you remember to sync both your iPhone and iPad when you are at home. That is the single major problem that I currently have with Things and despite repeated promises, we continue to await their solution for over-the-air syncing.

weenie

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2010
Is there any app that syncs over the air automatically like Contacts/Calendar and MobileMe ?

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
Yeah, if they implemented seamless cloud synching (a la Evernote or MobileMe, among many others), I would "probably" begin to consider shelling out.

Oops, to the poster above me: Evernote does, and will sync to your iPhone too. It's not strictly a to-do app although you can build to-do lists (via checkboxes) in your notes.

weenie

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2010
...to the poster above me: Evernote does, and will sync to your iPhone too. It's not strictly a to-do app although you can build to-do lists (via checkboxes) in your notes.
Thank you, I will check it out.

FWIW, I was skeptical about MobileMe and now can't imagine synching all my devices manually... :eek:

None Such

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2006
Thank you, I will check it out.

FWIW, I was skeptical about MobileMe and now can't imagine synching all my devices manually... :eek:

hmm..I think I'm going to look into getting us MobileMe. We both have iphones and will both have ipads.

weenie

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2010
hmm..I think I'm going to look into getting us MobileMe. We both have iphones and will both have ipads.
We both have iPads, and I have iPhone and Blackberry (work). We share a home Mini-Mac and have our own PC = electronic junkies family :)

I have (work) Outlook sync'ed to MobileMe. So my Blackberry is now auto-sync'ed to 2 iPads, Mini-Mac and all of the PC's (home and work) automatically.

One changes and all change automatically.

BTW, had a quick look into Evernote.. So far don't really understand the difference between that and emailing todo-reminder. Anyway, I will play with it some more later. Thanks for the suggestion...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.